Unexpected

(Jayla in the media)

Jayla

I was grabbing my suit case from out of the compartment that was above my seat. This was a long flight from Atlanta. Its been awhile since I've been in Brooklyn. I left a lot of good and bad memories behind. I left unexpectedly, without letting anyone know. I have some people I need to see. I'm glad Chase got me a photo shoot up here. Chase is my manager, has been my modeling agent since I left here five years ago. I went to Atlanta to start my modeling career. I know I just up and left, but I knew that this was my only chance.

I wonder if August still live here. I kinda left on a bad note. Hopefully, he would understand why I left. I wonder how he been since Mel died. We we're dating when Mel died, but then I got a modeling offer around the same time. I just left without saying goodbye or even being there for him. I know he needed support and comfort but my career was important at the time. I bet he look better than he did when he was younger.

I caught a cab from the airport to the hotel that I will be staying in while I'm here. I finally reached the hotel. I paid the cab driver and walked inside the hotel to the clerk. I got my room key and went to my room. I had a presidential suite. I was extremely tired. I have been working nonstop. Since I have a photo shoot downtown at 5. I'm going to take a nap until then. I set my alarm and lay down. As soon as I laid down in the bed I heard the door open. Then heard footsteps get closer to the master bedroom. Then the door open and it was Chase.

"What are you doing here?" I asked

He told me that he will be here tomorrow. I'm guessing whatever he had planned was cancelled. He is a few years older than me. He has a girlfriend who is a actress. She always gone tho or doing a movie. Since Chase has been my agent. He has been taking me to dinner, parties, and buying me things. I didn't understand why he was pampering and buying me nice things. Then he finally told me that he has strong feelings for me. Then I put two and two together and it made since as to why he was treating my like I'm his girl.

I mean I didn't mind all the attention, but I'm just not used to getting special treatment. I didn't feel comfortable dating a man who is in a relationship but I didn't care as long as I was getting paid and pampered. So we have been messing around with each other on the low. Chase knows a lot of people in the modeling and movie industry. Because he has worked with a lot of famous models or stars.

"I couldn't wait to see you" he said

"Awww....baby I just saw you yesterday tho" I said

"I know but I couldn't wait.....I have some good news " he said

"What?" I asked excitedly

"The Playboy Calendar people called and want you as Ms. July.." he said

"OMG!!" I said excitedly

I have been waiting for this offer. I have modeled for many companies except for Playboy. I have done Vibe,Ebony, etc. I have always wanted to be on a Playboy calendar. I envied those woman and there wonderful bodies. I wanted to be just like them. They get a lot of attention and everyone has seen a Playboy magazine. Yassss a bitch bout to be well known. Thing about Chase is he that he doesn't do anything that I do not feel comfortable doing or something he doesn't agree with. But I told him I wanted to be on a Playboy magazine or calendar. And he has made that come true.

"You know I'll do anything for my beautiful lady" he said while lifting my chin up

"Well in that case....why won't you end things with you and Logan" I asked

"Now you know I can't" he said

"You can't or you won't?" I asked

He looked at me with an blank expression. That's when I knew he really didn't wanna be with me. He just wanted to flaunt me around and own me. I'm not some charity case or some girl he can just play. I can't keep thinking he can just use me for sex.