Thirty Nine: Part 1. A Night Out on the Town

Start from the beginning

I did a double take in surprise. "This is your dad's car? He let you borrow his car?"

"Borrowing would imply he had knowledge of me taking it," he took my hand and pulled me along with him, making his way to the entrance. "Which he does not."

"You stole his car?" I squeaked. "Why on Earth would you do that!? What happens when he realizes it's gone?"

"If he realizes it's gone, the next time you'll see me is at my viewing," he smiled dryly.

"That isn't funny," I snapped, my irritation and anxiety becoming overwhelming.

"Oh, just calm down," he smiled down at me. "The asshole is out cold at the moment. Had one too many drinks this afternoon. He'll be out all night."

"And what if he isn't out all night?"

"Are you good at writing eulogies?"

"Aidan!"

He laughed and shook his head, dropping my hand so he could wrap his arm around my shoulders. "Relax, sweetheart. I know his schedule too well for my liking. He won't be up anytime soon."

I ignored the heart tugging sensation that occurred when he called me sweetheart and continued the walk in silence.

Aidan made his way to the front, paying no mind to the people that were waiting in line, and stepped in front of who I assumed was the bouncer. The guy towered over me, basically meeting Aidan's height, and had a lot of bulk to him. His brown, shaggy hair complimented his extremely handsome face. He certainly had nothing on Aidan, but I couldn't deny that he wasn't bad to look at.

When he zeroed in on Aidan, his brownish-green eyes brightened up. A cute grin took over his face.

"Aidan, my man," he exclaimed enthusiastically. "Long time no see."

"Samuel," Aidan sighed, his jaw tightening slightly. "We saw each other last week."

"Sam," he corrected immediately. "And that's pretty long if you ask me," he shrugged, and then turned his attention on me. His smile shifted in something that was more mischievous. His eyes slowly roamed down my body. "And who is this pretty lady? Don't tell me you went out and got yourself a girlfriend, Aidan."

"She isn't my girlfriend," he said shortly, tightening his hold on me.

Sam's eyebrows raised as his gaze landed on Aidan's arm that was still around my shoulders.

"So, what, she's your latest fuck buddy?" He smirked. "If so, do pass her over when you've gotten your fill."

I could feel Aidan's body tense against mine, but I paid no mind to it as I shoved his arm off me. Anger coursed through my body, and I took a step towards Sam.

"Wipe that stupid grin off your face before I wipe it off for you, jackass," I hissed, my hands curling up in fists. "Do I look like a prostitute to you?"

"Easy there, Firecracker," he laughed, smiling down at me in amusement. Like I was cute or something. "I wouldn't go starting things you can't finish with people who are very capable and more than willing to finish it for you."