Chapter 24

The Narnian army was spread out on one side of the battlefield. They were across from the White Witches army. Her army was much more bigger than theirs. The witch's army had centaurs, dwarfs, goblins, and so much more horrid creatures.

Peter looked at the army across from him. He was sure now that they would stand a chance. Aslan saw that he was concerned, so he gave him some wise words.

"Looks can be deceiving, Peter," Aslan advised.

Peter nodded his head. A flying creature took off flying toward them from the witch's army. Peter's archers drew one arrow and pointed it at the flying creature. He came close to King Peter, making Edmund draw him swords and point it at the creature.

"I bring a message from the Queen of Narnia." the creature began.

Peter wasn't very pleased that he thought she was the Queen of Narnia.

"What is it?" Peter asked.

"She would like for you to meet her halfway, so you could discuss once more, in trying to avoid what is to come." the creature explained.

"Very well." Peter agreed.

After Peter said those words, Edmund quickly sliced the creature with his sword. The horrid creature was no longer alive.

"The answer has been sent," Edmund said.

They watched from across the battlefield. They saw that the White Witch was riding forward. Peter, Edmund, and Aslan did the same. They were going to meet the witch halfway in the middle of the battlefield.

***

Susan and Caspian were riding as fast as they could. They were trying to get to the battlefield before the witch's plan took place. Caspian looked back at Susan, who was trying to catch up with him.

"Hurry Susan!" Caspian shouted.

***

Peter, Edmund, and Aslan were in the middle of the battlefield. They were a couple of feet away from the White Witch who was smiling.

"I'm glad that you accepted my proposal," The White Witch said. "However, it wasn't necessary for you to kill my loyal creature."

"Save it." Edmund snapped.

"I see you aren't exactly pleased with me." The White Witch teased.

They all looked at her with disgust. She was unbelievable. How could she be so cruel? They didn't understand it.

"What do you want, witch?" Peter asked.

"Oh Peter, dear, please don't call me that. I'm not a witch."

"Matter of opinion," Edmund mumbled.

"You might as well discuss what you want to, before I lose my patience," Peter added.

As the White Witch was chatting with them, one of her soldier dwarfs crept slowly over to an area that had a clear shot of Aslan. He went behind a small boulder, that was just the right size for him. He put his bow in his hand, and drew a sharp arrow from his quiver. He drew the bow back and aimed at Aslan. But before he released the string to fire the arrow, he was pierced by another arrow. The dwarf dropped the bow and arrow. He was now dead. Susan and Caspian rode up from behind the dwarf. They made their way over to Peter, Edmund, Aslan, and the White Witch.

They stopped talking with the witch and looked over at Caspian and Susan.

"Where have you two been?" Peter asked.

"We were at the witch's castle," Caspian explained. "We even found her plans that were supposed to take place right now."

"Plans for what?" Edmund blurted.

"She was going to kill Aslan," Susan replied.

Eyes were back on the White Witch. She looked scared and disappointed. She quickly turned her polar bears around. She headed back to her army. Peter, Caspian, Edmund, Susan, and Aslan went back to their army and prepared to charge.

Susan and Caspian remained side by side. Susan took Caspian's hand in hers.

"What is it?" Caspian asked.

"Promise me you will live through this," 

Caspian lifted up their hands together and kissed Susan's hand.

"I promise," Caspian replied.