Chapter 5

Caspian and his people had taken refuge at the crumbled castle that was once the kings and queens castle. The siblings followed Caspian. They saw his people divided into groups of people and Narnians. Some of them were sitting by fires, trying to keep warm. They were low on supplies and food. Things weren't going good for them. The White Witch was alive again and they didn't know how she came back. They were also wondering why they had been able to come back too.

They were following Caspian to the top of the hill, that the palace was placed on. They went to the crumbled throne room, so they could talk with one another without worrying about the people. They gathered in a circle and began going through their options. 

"We need to find out how the White Witch has come back," Peter said.

"I agree with Peter." Edmund agreed.

"Yes, but we also need answers as to why we have returned," Susan added. "Anyone know who could give us answers?"

Lucy smiled. She knew just the person to talk to. Someone who knew basically everything, but who was also a dear friend of theirs. The siblings and Caspian looked at Lucy, who continued to smile.

"What is it, Lucy?" Peter asked. 

"I know who to talk to," Lucy said.

"Who?" Edmund asked.

"Aslan." Caspian blurted out. "No one has seen him in years."

Lucy nodded her head and smiled. She knew that Aslan was the only person who would know the answers to their questions but was puzzled by Caspian's comment. She couldn't believe no one has seen him in years. It was unlike him. Nevertheless, they all agreed to find Aslan, so they headed down the hill with one another. They all hopped on horses, getting ready to go find Aslan. Before they left, Caspian appointed his friend and captain of his army to be in charge while he was gone. When that was taken care of they left for the long ride ahead.

As they were galloping across a field, Susan asked Lucy a question.

"So Lucy, how do you plan on finding Aslan?" Susan asked.

"I don't plan on finding Aslan," answered Lucy.

Peter, Edmund, Susan, and Caspian were all confused. Was Lucy crazy? They didn't know what she was thinking.

"What?" Edmund yelled.

"Aslan will find us," Lucy explained before taking the lead.

They rode on with Lucy leading the way, followed by Edmund and Peter. Caspian rode on the right side of Susan, in the back of the group. Their horses kept the same pace, galloping with each other across the field. Susan looked straight ahead as she rode. Her hair was flowing in the air. Caspian looked at her. He couldn't believe she was back in Narnia. He missed her smile and seeing her blue eyes. He watched her hair flow in the air as they rode.