Chapter 19

Just before Susan could answer, a minotaur came running toward them. He looked like he was in a hurry and was under pressure. Susan and Caspian stopped their horses in front of the minotaur. They listened to what he was saying.

"My King and Queen, Aslan has arrived in camp," the minotaur informed. "Peter has ordered me to escort you back to camp."

Susan wasn't thrilled that Peter had ordered them, but Aslan was here so she and Caspian followed the minotaur back to camp. They hopped off their horses and met Aslan and Susan's siblings in the crumbled throne room. When they arrived, they saw Aslan sitting, while Edmund, Peter, and Lucy stood in front of him. Susan and Caspian walked over to them. They both gave Aslan a little bow and stood back up. They looked at him, waiting for him to say something.

"Peter, Edmund, and Susan please follow me." Aslan requested.

Peter and Edmund started following Aslan, but Susan remained behind. She looked back at Caspian, who was telling her to go. She caught up with her brothers and Aslan. They walked down under, what use to be their castle. This was the room that they had recovered their weapons and belongings when they came back to Narnia for the first time.

Once they were deep down in the room, they gathered together in a circle.

"I have traveled across Narnia in search of others who will join you in battle, but who would also give me an explanation as to why you have returned to Narnia," Aslan began.

"What did you find out?" Edmund asked.

"I know that you were brought back because Narnia needed you again, but also because you have learned much from your other world in return," 

"Meaning what?" Peter added.

"Meaning that you have a choice," Aslan replied. "A choice to stay here, or to go back to your original world."

The siblings were so shocked when they heard that. But they were also happy. They all love Narnia so much that they were so happy they had the choice to stay. However, it did cross their minds about their other lives. In the original world, they had jobs, responsibilities, and their mother. The decision was hard, so they would have to think about it.

Since they were all done talking, they went back up to the crumbled throne room, where Lucy and Caspian were waiting for them. Susan walked with her brothers over to Caspian and Lucy. Peter told Lucy to go with Aslan for a walk. Peter and Edmund went back to preparing for battle, leaving Caspian and Susan together.

"What did he say?" Caspian asked with curiosity. 

Instead of answering that question, Susan decided to bring something else up.

"Why don't we go out to the field and you can help me practice more with a sword," Susan recommended. 

Caspian agreed with Susan, only because he didn't want to fight with her, over what Aslan had told her. They went out to the field and started practicing with each other.