Of Names and Grocery Lists

Enjoy something cute and completely irrelevant to anything at all.

****

The girl lay on her back in his bed though neither of them ever questioned why.

"We need turkey and tuna…"

Apparently she was going over her grocery list.

"I think we need cat litter."

She sighed, glancingt the tiny jet-black kitten playing on the floor with a ball of blue yarn.

"What do you think, kitty?"

The kitten stopped its play and stared back at her, its big blue eyes giving her their full attention.

"Ya know, I can't believe I haven't named you yet." she mused, putting a finger to her chin in thought.

"How about we name you, Socks…or Mittens?"

The kitten continued to stare.

"No, that's much too common. Plus you don't even have white paws."

Eventually the kitten lost interest and continued to play with its chosen prey.

"What do you think Grimm?" she asked suddenly.

The Arancar in question lay face-first on the white couch not too far away with his feet dangling off the edge.

"The fuck I care, woman." came his muffled reply.

"Aww, c'mon Grimm, I could name him after you!" she pleaded.

Grimmjow raised his head and growled in reply,

"Don't you dare name that fur-ball after me and quite shortenin' out my name, damnit!"

The girl giggled in response to his irritattion and turned her attention back to the kitten only to find it missing.

"Now where has the kitten gone?" she wondered.

Suddenly out of the corner of her eye she noticed a white bundle gliding across the floor.

"Grimm, I think your pants have come to life…again."

Grimmjow groaned from his place on the couch.

"Hey, Grimm?"

"What?

"I think we should name him 'Ninja'."

****

XOXOXO~