5

Greyson,

You're a burning imagine in my mind. Everywhere I look, everywhere I go, you're there. It's haunting.

I can still see your smile. It's a beautiful sight. You used to deny the small brown dots littering your cheeks that I loved so much. You would always shake your head and laugh with your cheeks turning a light shade of pink.

Your eyes would scrunch up at the corners and look at me with this expression. It was like all you saw was me. And I looked back at you with the same look I had since the day I admitted to myself that I loved you.

Everything is a reminder. The color of honey, the sound of boots walking down the sidewalk, the big sweaters I have hanging in our old closet, the headphones kept in the basket on the table incase the ones that we shared had broken.

And the rain. It's a constant reminder. Not the delicate rain that passes within a couple hours, the type of rain that pounds on the windows and roof. The type of rain that's cold and unforgiving. The type of rain that leaves the Earth smelling fresh, even when the ground is flooded.

Because you are the biggest rain storm of all. You came in, dark clouds covering the sky and then you started to love me like big ugly rain drops against a car window. And those big ugly rain drops that I love so much kept going and going and going. Until suddenly they stopped. The sun came through the dark clouds but the flood remained. Another simple reminder that you were once there.

The memories are a reminder that you were once there. And when I call out your name during the night when it's dark outside and the bed is cold and you don't answer, it doesn't rain and you are not there.

Yours truly,

Calle.