Chapter 31 - Hero

I was shoved towards a tent as every single rogue delivered a punch towards my head or arm for killing their rogue friend. After the last one had delivered one to the side of my head, I could feel my head spinning as it pounded against my forehead. My eyes were blurry but I could see Raymond walk in with a satisfying smirk on his face as I spat at him.

I could feel the blood trickle down the side of my head as I sniffed the metallic scent. My wolf was long gone and I could feel my lungs, desperate for air whilst I could feel the mind-link between the Pack Members and I have been disconnected by the lack of oxygen.

"You don't look too good," Raymond commented as he tucked a strand of hair behind my ear.

I growled, my eyesight becoming clear again as I realised that Raymond's face was just inches away from mine. I stiffened as he sniffed me out, his lips trailing my neck as I flinched. I couldn't do anything for my hands were tied behind my back and all I could do was stay still and wait for help. His hands roamed around my stomach as if trying to feel for the pup inside me.

He nibbled on my ear lobe which he thought was going to have a moan escape my lips. I let out a shrill piercing scream which made him stumble back, covering his ears as wolves have vey sensitive hearing.

Raymond narrowed his eyebrows in one me before placing a big hand over my mouth as he licked one side of my face. I whimpered in disgust but he saw that as an advantage. He took his hands off my mouth before moving his lips towards mine and just as his lips ALMOST touched mine, he immediately stumbled back at the loud screams and the sound of clothes shredding, my mind filled with relief as an oh-so-familiar scent crawled up my nostrils, a smile tugging on my lips.

My wolf immediately connected herself to me and was now on full alert, her happy vibes were radiating at the scent of our mate.

Raymond cracked his neck, giving me one last stare before walking out of the tent and shifting into his wolf. I struggled in my seat, trying to untie myself but to no avail. Feet shuffling appeared as I looked up to see Staci with a panicked facial expression, hurrying behind me before untying my hands.

I stood up, brushing off the dirt before looking up to see Staci with a knife against her throat. My heart beat increased and the pounding in my head was fading fast as my eyes widened at the weapon in her hand.

"Staci, put the knife down," I commanded softly, tears brimming her eyes.

"I hate myself for what I've done and I'm really sorry," Staci replied, her voice trembling. "I didn't mean to hurt you, I really didn't."

"Staci, put the knife down and we'll talk," I commanded again, my eyes directed at the weapon as my wolf, on the other hand, commanded me to go to my mate.

"Tell Julia I love her and I'm sorry. Besides, it's better to die by my own hands than Aiden's," Staci whispered her final words before my eyes watched her slit her own throat, collapsing onto the ground as her glowing red eyes faded, her eyelids closing a few seconds later.

My eyes watered as I fell onto my knees, shaking her lifeless body and screaming for her to wake up. My wolf whimpered at the sight before me as my body trembled in sadness and anger, anger that she would do such a thing and leave her sister behind.

A few minutes later, I stood up and wiped my tears away, showing no sign of weaknesses when I walked into the battle field as I whispered, "I forgive you, Staci Hills."

I turned around, not looking back as I exited the tent to see countless lifeless bodies laying helplessly on the ground. My eyes glazed over the wolves fighting each other, in search for a particular wolf. My heart beat raced as I stepped over the dead bodies that had been torn apart until a large hand grabbed my arm, pulling me back inside another tent.