Snoggletog

First chapter. I know I know it's a little late but I figured I didn't want to wait a year to wright this one so here is snoggletog.

It started out as pretty normal winter day at the edge. This was the first winter the gang has spent here and they were surprised at how much warmer it was here than it was at Berk. Mind you it was still cold though. Smoke is coming out from the roof in the largest building in the middle. That building is known as the clubhouse and is where our story begins.

*Hiccup's P.O.V*
I was woken up by non-other than toothless. I was sleeping peacefully until he decided that it was time to wake me up.

His conclusion on how to wake me up was by... Yep you guessed it... Jumping on top of me, then knocking the blanket to the floor. (Who really guessed it and if you didn't what did you guess? I may use it in other chapters.)

That, of course, woke me up. One because of the suddenly appearing weight and two because of the brisk cold that overtaken me in the mer second the fur blanket was off.

"Ugh toothless why'd you have to do that it's freezing," I complained to him.
He just cooed and walk over to my bed and dropped my fur vest on my lap.
I placed my hand on top of his head and patted it.

"Thanks bud." I put it on and then put on my prosthetic leg, then walked out to the brisk morning air. "Right bud lets get to the club house and tell the gang our little idea."

We flew over and then I jumped off toothless and headed inside to find the rest of the gang here. "Morning hiccup." The said and Fishlegs moved over so I could sit down next to him and astrid.

"Morning." I replied getting some of the cooked fish and eating it. We talked about nothing in general. Snoutlout, as usual, was trying and failing to make astrid go out with him. Me and fishlegs talking about the classes of dragons and the twins. They were just talking to each other probably planning a prank on one of us or something. After a while when most of us were finished I stood and started walking to the door but before I left I had to tell the gang something.

"Alright guys today we are going to do..."

"Noooo! Not training do you now what is happening in a few days hiccup?! Snoggletog. We can't train we have to get ready for it. Plus I hate training in the morning." Snoutlout interrupted me. I just gave him a look like 'you have got to be kidding me,'(😒🙄😒😑like these)

"As I was saying. Today we are going to pack and then head to Berk for the holiday. I and one more thing, they don't know it's going to be a surprise. Meet back here when you are done."

The gang whooped and cheered. I hoped on toothless and flew back to my hut. From there I packed a few tunics, a couple fur blankets some rations and finally a spare leg and tail fin for me and toothless. Never know something could happen and we may need these.  I filled three bags, the dragon eye already in the saddle bag, and attached them to the saddle. "There bud, I think that's all we need." Toothless cooed in agreement. "Alright then let's head to the clubhouse again."

We got to the clubhouse and saw that we are only waiting on Fishlegs who wasn't that far behind me and landed a couple minutes after me. "Alright everyone have what the need?" The all nodded a yes. "Alright then, let's fly."

We took off. The sky was a brilliant blue with a few puffy clouds here and there. And even though it is cold up here it feels really nice. I made sure the bags were secured and then decided to try the new gear out. I put the peddle in lock and the fin stayed open. I unhooked my foot and nothing. We kept on flying like we would if I had my foot in the peddle. "Yes bud it worked!"

"What worked?"

I looked over and saw astrid flying beside us looking at me curiously. "A new gear I made on this stirrup. An automatic feature or lock mode. Not sure which yet. I lock the peddle in a certain position and it stays open without me controlling it. See?" I gesture to my left leg that was hanging and not in the stirrup and toothless prosthetic tail fin.

"Nice that may come in handy sometime." She responded. I nodded and put my prosthetic back in the stirrup.

From there it was smooth flying we didn't encounter Daggur and even the twins weren't causing trouble which kind of worried me since they are always up to something. It wasn't till it was sundown did the silhouette of Berk come into view. I looked around and saw the sea stack we used to perch on when we would have out trick "contests". I beckoned the gang to follow me and landed on it. I hoped of toothless as the other riders landed and did the same.

"Uh hiccup why did we land here when Berk is right there?" Fishlegs asked, the rest nodding in agreement to what he said.

"Because we are waiting for it to become darker." I responded with a mischievous grin.

"Ohh hiccup has come to our side. What lokiish plans do you have my dear fellow?" Tuff asked me his sister grinning at me.

I brushed of the Loki bit and said "Do you guys remember flight club?"

They all nodded so I continued, " remember that time when we had to sneak back to our houses with out getting caught because my dad saw one of us?" I glance at the twins but they didn't notice it.

"I see where your going," said astrid, " we are going to do what we did that night. Genius hiccup."

"Thank you astrid. I told you guys that I wanted this to be a surprise and that they don't know about it. Think about our parents waking up in the morning to find us home." I smiled thinking of my dad. To tell the truth I miss him and looking forward to spending some time with him. Everyone was smiling at this point even the twins.

"Hey hiccup is it dark enough now?" Ruff asked.

I looked around to Berk. The only thing you could see wear the few torches that we kept lit in the distance. "Yes now let's go and when we get to Berk split up and go to your house quitely and make sure that the night patrolled don't see you." And with that we took of.

When we reached Berk we all went into action. Me and toothless staying in the clouds and headed home just like everyone else. We circled once around my house to slow down a little the flew in through the always open window. Though with this cold night I'm closing it after we enter. We landed and I closed the window as quietly as possible then head to my bed. I looked at toothless as I unhooked my prosthetics and laid down on
the bed. As soon as my head hit the pillow did I realize how exhausting gluon all day with no stops is. "We're home bud.." I yawned, " we're home." I said as my eyes closed and I fell into deep sleep.

Hey thanks for reading was it good, bad, if it was bad let me know what I can add to make it better. This story is a multi chapter so it may be one or more parts to snoggletog. Anyway thanks for reading and if you liked it and are a fan of Harry Potter and/or Percy Jackson then check out my other books. See y'all next update. 😎

Life At The EdgeOn viuen les histories. Descobreix ara