1. Not Love At First Sight

Start from the beginning

"I'm so, so sorry. I didn't mean to do that. I wasn't loo--" He cut himself off and dropped his hands from my shoulders. "Louis?" The man asked.

I furrowed my eyes at his words. He knew me. But do I know him? His voice did sound a little familiar, but I couldn't bring it back into my memory.

"Yes? Who's this?" I asked, taking a cautious step back.

"Oh, right. I'm H-harry? Remember me? The cafè?"

I thought back to that day when I had brutally embarrassed myself by dropping my fork on the floor and crawled around like an idiot. Someone had helped me that day...Harry?

"Oh...yeah. I-I remember you." I said, quietly.

"Yeah...it's nice to see you again." Harry said, taking a step towards me. I frowed on the inside from his choice of words. "Would you mind if we got a bite?"

I questioned myself as to what I should say. We're practically strangers to each other. We've only talked once before and even then I still don't know him enough. He could be anybody. He could be a psycho killer or a rapist for all I knew. I can't trust him, but I found myself saying yes.
It wasn't long before we arrived at the same cafè we had met at. Harry told me. We took our seats, with help from Harry, and ordered just a simple cup of tea. It was silent for the most part until our tea arrived. I patted the table in search of my coffee cup and brought it up to my lips. Harry cleared his throat and got my attention. I looked in the area I thought was where he was when I felt a hand guide my face over to the right a bit. I blushed and looked down.

"You look very cute when you do that." Harry said, the words slipping from his tongue so effortlessly.

"Do what?" I asked, blushing even more.

"When you hide your face from me. I find that adorable." He stated, taking a loud sip from his tea, making me laugh slightly. "So, what's been going on with you lately?"

"Um...not much. You?"

"School, studying, homework. That's all my life revolves around anymore." Harry said, not sounding as enthusiastic.

That brought me back to my earliest assumption. "If you don't mind me asking, how old are you anyway?"

"I'm eighteen. I turn nineteen next month. How about you?"

"I'm twenty one." I said, more relieved that he was not much younger than I.

"Nice! At first I thought you were a lot younger. Maybe seventeen, but twenty one is good too. I like older men."

"Oh really? How many older men have you been with then?" I questioned, my confidence building up.

"You're the first. I just realized how much I liked you even though you're older." Harry stated with a smirk crossing his face as he spoke. You could tell by his voice.

I blushed as my cheeks burned up from his words. "You don't even know me. How could you possibly like me?"

"Well...I know that you're twenty one. You like Yorkshire tea. You blush a lot, and that even though you're talking to me, you can't see me."

Harry's blunt words caught me off guard. I froze where I sat, my breath caught in my throat. Harry didn't say anything, causing me to worry if he left. I was about to step away from the table when he said my name. I stood there, moving my head towards the area I heard his voice. I heard him rise up from his chair and stand in front of me. He cupped my cheek and kept quiet for a little bit longer.

"I know it's embarrassing and stupid. I know that already." I said, breaking the silence.

"Louis, there is nothing wrong with being blind. I don't care if you can't see me. You don't need working eyes to see the truth in someone." Harry whispered.