1. Not Love At First Sight

Heller! So this is my new one shots book like thing. I can't promise that it will be updated often, but I'll update as much as I can. Please check out my other two books: Unexpectedly and Repentance. Okay, enjoy!

Louis' P.O.V.

It had been since the day I was born that I still have yet to see the world. All my life, darkness has surrounded me. My other senses have been better, as everyone else would say, but with my eyes unable to work, it was hard living a normal life.
I had been homeschooled all throughout my minor years and I lived with my mum up until I turned twenty one. All those years lead up to that day had been the worst and hardest years of my life. That was until I met the most amazing, warm hearted, smart--perfect man anyone could ask for. Harry Styles.
We met at a cafè the day I was celebrating my twenty first birthday. My mum was using the lou during the time when I had accidentally dropped my fork on the floor. I was beyond embarrassed, and there was nothing I could do but hope my mum would show up sooner. I still attempted to find my fork, but I didn't realise how stupid I looked as I searched the cold tiled floor for the metal utensil. When I was about ready to give up, I felt a hand grab mine and put the utensil into the the palm of my hand. I blushed, sheepishly, and thanked them quietly. They laughed, the most beautiful laugh I had ever heard, and said, "I'm right here, silly." I blushed even more when I realised that I wasn't looking at the man. Well, "looking" at the man.
The man helped me up and sat me back up into my seat. I didn't say anything more than a simple thanks. It was silent for a bit when there was suddenly a chair being pulled up to the table. I furrowed my eyes in the direction of the noise and was slightly startled when a hand grabbed onto mine and shook it up and down.

"I'm Harry, by the way." The man said, his voice flowing so nicely as he spoke.

"Oh...um. I-I'm Louis." I said, gripping his hand slightly before releasing it.

"Nice to meet you, Louis." Harry said, a smile evident on his face. "What brings you here today?"

I shrugged, suddenly feeling more comfortable with this man, even without knowing him. "Um, lunch with my mum. She's in the lou right now, though." I answered, simply.

"Cool." Harry said, drawing the conversation to a close as my mum approached the table.

"Oh, who's this?" My mum asked, pulling her seat out with a slight screach that hurt my ears.

"Oh, sorry to intrude. I'm Harry. I was just chatting with your son." Harry said from across the table.

"Oh, it's very nice to meet you, Harry."

"Yes, well, I must be on my way. I've got classes to attend to. It was nice meeting you both." Harry said, standing up. Then, before he left, he took my hand in his and shook it once again. "Thanks for the chat, Lou."

Then he was gone.

It had been a month since that had happened. I didn't think I'd ever hear from that man again. I didn't expect it, and I didn't hope to. As nice as he sounded, I couldn't afford getting into something like that. Besides, he said he had classes to attend to. Meaning that he was probably still in secondary school. I didn't bother with it any longer.
The following day that I had woke up to absolutely nothing once again, I decided to go on a walk. I hadn't gone on one by myself for a while. I felt it would be good for me to go on one. I exited the house with sunglasses on the bridge of my nose and my cane in hand. The streets that I memorized around me are quiet and tranquil. The wind blew softly onto my stubble covered cheeks. I inhaled the air deeply into my lungs when I felt a body collide with mine. I gasped and stumbled before hitting the ground with a thud. The person that ran into me swore under their breath and pulled me up.