31. Life's Always Changing. You Learn To Adapt

Chapter Thirty-One... Life's Always Changing. You Learn To Adapt

From the day I told the world that I was going to be a mother at the tender age of sixteen, I had been judged. People talked about me behind my back, ridiculed me to my face, and made me feel like I was a worthless idiot, a bad girl who made the worst mistake I could possibly make.

But no matter what happened, I always rose above and came out the other side knowing I was confident, keen and a happy person all around. I might have lost friends, and been avoided like I was the plague. But I didn't care.

Because almost ten years later, I was a mother of eight, taking my newborn twin daughters Olivia and Isabella home.

Every time I blinked, my kids grew another year older. The triplets were five, and soon, very soon in fact, Becca would be ten years old. TEN!

I always thought of the phrase blink and you'll miss it, and it really was the truth. Life passed by incredibly quick, and everybody seemed to take it for granted. I didn't, though. Falling pregnant at fifteen gave me a totally different perspective on life. Most people my age were lucky to have one or two children, let alone eight! So I felt lucky, and kind of advanced.

But as my mom had always put it, I was well and truly advanced.

Sometimes it was easy to think that life could be misinterpreted, and that maybe we all had purposes on this Earth, even if it was just to waste your life as an alcoholic, or an utter moron who picked on others, stole, made themselves stupid... something along that lines. Being that I was a young mom, I never got into the party scene. Cameron and I weren't into being total idiots, preferring a movie and dinner date that ended with us in his bed at a reasonable hour discussing how we'd be together forever.

As a love-struck teenager, you hope that forever means forever. But a part of me did wonder if he was serious or not.

But since we've been together for twelve and a half years, I'd say he was definitely serious.

Before I was pregnant with Becca, I wondered how my life would be without Cameron in it. What if we had broken up? I mean, life's always changing, right? What if suddenly one day, despite how close we are, we just suddenly fell apart? It happens, and that's the part that scares me. Someone gets in the middle of an amazingly bonded couple, and then the bond is broken.

I know I'd never be able to even glance sideways at someone other than my perfect husband. In some ways I was still that love-struck teenager that couldn't get enough of her boyfriend. Only it was way better, being an adult who's married to the most amazing man in the world and has eight beautiful children to him.

"So we'll stay at your mother's for a couple of weeks, well, until we find a bigger car," Cameron was pacing around the room talking to me, but I wasn't really listening. Olivia and Isabella were in their twin pram, both sleeping peacefully. My eyes were on them as Cameron rambled.

"...Can't believe we didn't already get one," he continued. "Knew that we had twins on the way... we knew, oh yes. But we still didn't! Why not?"

"No idea," I sighed. "It's okay. Mom's happy to have us. I mean, she's looked after the kids the last two days, and now you're gonna go car-hunting, and I'm gonna go look after our eight kids. And we're gonna get a car as soon as possible, because the kids are missing school and I'm not into home-schooling, you know."