7. Sometimes People Just... Never Grow Up

Chapter Seven... Sometimes People Just... Never Grow Up

So in taking a new step to trying to destroy my life, the devil herself (so to speak) now stood on my doorstep. There were about a thousand reactions that were running through my mind... slapping her ugly face, spitting on her, slamming the door, kicking her...

But there were also about a thousand questions running through my mind, so I decided to go with them first.

"How did you find out where we live?" I asked, my face forming a hard, bitter statute.

"Kimmi was very helpful," Amelia taunted, grinning.

"Seriously, you need to grow up!" I snapped. "Go away! And don't come back to my house again."

"Ah, you haven't changed, Rosie," she laughed evilly. "You're still that same, immature little brat that stole Cammy from me."

"'Stole' Cameron from you?" I frowned. "You guys were broken up before we even met, so don't give me that crap."

Little footsteps came from behind me, and Addy ran up to me.

"Mommy, daddy's looking for you," she smiled. "Hi," she added to Amelia.

"Hello, Britney," Amelia smiled.

"My name's not Britney," Addy scowled.

"Her name is Addison," I said coldly. "Tell dad that I'll be there soon, as soon as I get rid of the cow at the door."

"There's a cow at the door?!" Addy frowned, looking around.

"Just tell him that, baby," I smiled, trying to keep my face straight.

"Aww, I thought that something that came from you would be hideous!" Amelia cackled. "But I guess they get all of their beauty from Cammy."

"What the hell are you doing here?!" I scowled.

"Mom!" Becca called from the living room. "MOM!"

"Is that Britney?" Amelia asked as Becca came into view.

"Her name is Rebecca!" I snapped. "Don't just friggen guess!"

"Who are you?" Becca asked, looking interested.

"I'm your daddy's girlfriend," Amelia smiled.

"Mom is my dad's girlfriend," Becca said coldly. "Well, his wife. So you're a liar, and my parents both tell me not to lie or they will wash my mouth out with soap. So my mom will have to wash your mouth out with soap for lying."

"What?" Amelia muttered.

"Gotta teach your kids to be honest somehow," I muttered. "Bec, go get your father, please."

"Sure," Becca grinned, running off.

"Are you gonne invite me in, Rosie," Amelia asked, faking a nice smile before frowning.

"Like hell," I muttered. "And only people I like can call me Rosie."

"Oh, I always thought you loved me," she chuckled sarcastically.

"Love to hate you," I muttered. "Look. Go away. Or at least try to get on with your own life! My kids, my husband and I don't need someone here trying to break up our family because she can't get over the boy she was with thirteen years ago!"