Chapter 3: New Years

Key:
H/C: hair color
E/C: eye color
Y/N: Your name

-Y/N's POV-

     Somewhere during the afternoon on December 31, as I was watching one of my favorite shows in the living room, My Little Horsies, my doorbell rang. I groaned, got up, and opened the door. There were 2 guys I'd never seen before standing in my doorway. I thought back to the descriptions Aphmau had given me. They fit the exact descriptions of my new neighbors, Garroth and Laurence.
     "Hello!" One of them, Laurence, I think, began. "Aphmau told us that you just moved in and we wanted to welcome you to the neighborhood and invite you to our last-minute New Years party."
     I noticed that Garroth was just sort of standing there awkwardly. He gave of a similar sense of familiarity, like Zane. I looked at him for a moment before replying, "Oh, sure! I'd love to come! I'm Y/N, by the way."
     "I'm Laurence. This is Garroth."
     Laurence then whispered to me, "Sorry about Garroth. He doesn't do well around pretty girls."
     "Hey!" Garroth snapped, punching Laurence lightly on the arm. Laurence laughed, and so did I. If they were always like this, there was going to be one heck of a party!
     "Well, I guess I'll cya at the party. Bye guys!"
     "Cya!" Laurence said.
     "Bye," Garroth said, finally actually speaking to me. I shut the door and looked at my clock on the wall. I had a few hours before I had to leave for the party.
I thought of the deja vu caused by the two Ro'meave brothers. Where in the name of Irene do I know them from?

*****

     I knocked on the door I knew to be the door of Garroth's, Laurence's, and Dante's house, which was opened by Aphmau.
     "Hey, Y/N!" she said. "Glad you could make it!"
     "Happy to be here!" I replied, stepping inside. Everyone from the street, and a few others, were here. The only person I couldn't find was Zane. Surely he was coming, right?
     Literally 3 seconds after Aphmau closed the door behind me, the doorbell rang. Aphmau opened it, revealing a guy I'd never seen before or even heard of. I overheard part of the conversation. Apparently the guy's name was Jeffory and he had a daughter named Abby. I'm pretty sure I heard some flirting, but Aphmau either didn't notice or didn't care. All of the sudden, Jeffory went into the kitchen and yelled, "Katelyn, you cow, save some of the rest of us!"
After a bit of arguing between Jeffory and a girl whom I guessed was Katelyn (I was able to tell they were mostly joking), Katelyn asked, "You wanna fight for it?"
     "Any day, Katelyn. Any day."
Aphmau laughed.
This was when I decided the join in just for the heck of it.
"Katelyn, Jeffory, what are you, black holes? The rest of us need food too!"
     Aphmau laughed even more. Katelyn and Jeffory laughed as well.
     "Fair enough," Katelyn said. "I'm guessing you're Y/N?"
     "Yep! That's me! And if anyone is gonna hog all the food, it's gonna be me, alright?"
     Katelyn chuckled.
     "Alright. Whatever. You don't seem half bad. Enjoy the party, Y/N."
     "Same to you, Katelyn. Same to you."
     On that note, I went back into the living room and saw that Zane had finally arrived. I decided to talk to him.
     "Hey, Zane!"
     "Oh, hello, Y/N. I didn't realize you were coming."
     "Yeah. Laurence invited me."
     "Oh, did he now?"
     Something about the way he said that slightly worried me for some reason.
     "Yeah, he did. Problem?"
     "No! No problem. Just surprised, is all."
     "Alright then."
     Right at that moment, Garroth ran past us, toward one of the rooms.
     "What was that about?" I wondered aloud.
    "I'll go see."
     Zane followed Garroth into the room and almost instantly came back out.
     "Well?" I asked.
     "Feathers. My brother is... quite... something."
     Our conversation was interrupted when Aphmau and some other girl came out the bathroom and Garroth and some other guy came out of the room Zane had just come out of. Zane hadn't been kidding. For some reason, Garroth was covered in feathers. I decided what was unknown was best left that way and didn't ask questions. After listening  in to the conversation, I learned that the two people were named Emmalyn and Kenmur. Garroth's and Aphmau's argument was interrupted when they realized the other two were kissing.
     "See? The feathers worked!" Garroth exclaimed.
"I've seen better feathers at Aaron's house," Aphmau said and ran away, giggling.
     "WAIT, WHAT?!?" Garroth asked. "LAURENCE, Aphmau's been keeping secrets from us!"
     "Oh no she didn't!" Laurence said. That was probably the most hilarious thing that happened in the entire party! I laughed. Zane couldn't help but chuckle. These people were RIDICULOUS!

*****

-Aphmau's POV-

At the end of the party, I walked up to Zane, who was still hanging around for some reason.
     "Hey, Zane."
     "Hey, Aphmau."
     "Y/N seems nice."
     "Yes, I suppose she does."
     "You two would make a cute couple."
     "Wh-what?!? Aphmau! I just met her only a few days ago! You can't just say things like that!"
He turned bright red as he spoke. I laughed.
     "Only teasing. But the fact that your blushing proves you like her!"
     I giggled and ran out the door.
     "APHMAU I'M GOING TO KILL YOU!" Zane yelled, chasing after me.
     I managed to get in my house and lock the door before Zane could catch me. He growled and stormed away, back to his house. Now I can plan out how to get those two together in peace!