The Club

It was already 8:00 by the time they arrived at the club. It was a good party brewing, with flashing lights and loud pop music.

Star went out on the dancefloor, moving to the tune of the music. Lots of people crowded around Star. Robin, Cyborg, and Beastboy sat at the bar. Suddenly, a girl leaned on the counter next to Robin. 

She had dark grey eyes and flowing black hair. "Hey cutie," she said to Robin. "Whats your name? Mines Melaney." Robin looked at her in disgust. Although her eyes and hair were stunning, she was completely hideous. She was fat, and trying to pull off a skimpy red dress that showed her cleavage. "Don't talk much, huh. Or are you one of those mysterious like guys?" Robin ignored her. "Well these are my friends Shanji and Danté." Cyborg and Beastboy turned to see two pretty looking girls standing by Melaney. Shanji was tan with brown hair, and Danté had brown skin and her black hair in a high bun. Cyborg rushed over to Danté. "I'm Cyborg.What's your name?" She blushed before saying," Danté. But you can call me Danny." Cyborg nodded. "How about we continue this conversation on the dancefloor?" Cyborg asked. Danny laughed as she took Cyborg's hand. Beastboy slowly approached Shanji. He liked her. She seemed nice enough.

He made his way over, and quickly said," I-I'm Beastboy. You can call me BB though." Shanji blushed. "I-I'm Shanji. I like to be called Shanji..." 

Beastboy nervously laughed. Memories of Terra flooded in the back of his mind. "So, Shanji..where are you from?" Shanji smiled. "I'm from Puerto Rico. What about you?"

"I'm from Jump City..," BB replied.

Robin ordered a fruit cocktail from the bartender. He wished Melaney would go away. She was overly annoying.  

"Sooo Robbie..you have a girlfriend?" Robin nodded. "Who!? Is she here!?" Melaney looked like she could kill. Robin pointed to Starfire. She was dazzling, as she was dancing with a group of giggling girls.

"Eww her? She's hideous. I mean her skin's ORANGE. And her hair? Totally fake." 

Robin bit his lip trying not to go off on Melaney. 

Melaney, however wasn't the sharpest tool in the shed, as she kept on. 

"You outta ditch her. She looks like a freak in those clothes. You deserve better, like me. Trust me hun, this is all-natural." Melaney posed for Robin, putting her hands on her hips. Robin smiled. 

In a polite tone, he said," Melaney, Starfire is one of the purest souls I know. Unlike you, her beauty comes naturally and she's not the one trying to pull off a dress made to fit size zeros." Robin put down his drink and walked out on the dance floor.

Starfire was on a small stage facing a crowd of onlookers. She held in her hand a microphone. Music came on and Star sang.

I wake up every evening, with a big smile on my face, and it never feels out of place. And youre still probably working, at a 9 to 5 pace. And I wonder how bad that tastes.  

When you see my face, hope it gives you hell, i hope it gives you hell. When you walk my way, hope you gives you hell, hope it it gives you hell. 

Now wheres you picket fence line? And wheres that shiny car? Did it ever get you far? You've never seemed so dense love. I've never seen you fall so hard. Do you know you are? 

When you see my face hope it gives you hell, hope it gives you hell..

Star sang kareokee all night until Robin, Cyborg and Beastboy told her it was time to go. On the way out, a group of men stood outside the doorway. One, a big man with a bruised lip, grabbed Star's arm as they walked out. "Hey cutie. Why the rush?" Star trembled. "Sir, I would be most appreciative if you'd let me go..."

The man laughed. "Nah, how about letting me buy you a drink?" Star sighed. She punched the man in the face. "No you didn't!" The other mean screamed as the man fell over, knockdd out. Star's eyes flashed green. "Leave me alone!" She yelled. Robin turned to see Star standing up with a pile of beaten and bloody men next to her. 

"Let us leave, friends!" Star said.