Chapter Two:Hide and Seek

I was staring at something to my right and Christy just stood there.  I didn't know exactly what to do so I did the one thing I knew how to do.  I ran.  "Danny!"  Christy yelled at me.  "What are you doing?!"  She yelled at me sternly.  I just couldn't answer, my legs just led me on my way.  I looked behind me long enough to see Christy shiver and slowly turn her head.  Just then her face got as white as a ghost.  I felt so stupid!  It was the same black pickup truck I had ranted about earlier and I had not noticed it came up behind us. 

Christy had been walking so close to the curb, she could have been snatched right out of the air! right then and there!  I stopped again to catch my breath and I turned just in time to see Christy's jaw drop and a loud moaning sound came from her mouth.  Next thing I knew Christy was right there next to me and we were both panting.  We quickly realized we were still in stalking distance.  The adrenalin was pumping in my ears and me and Christy sprinted off towards my house.  When we were safely inside my house, we slammed the door and quickly locked the door.

I tried over and over again to slow my hyperventilating.  I finally got the chance to look at Christy, her long golden brown locks of hair were secured tightly in a blue pony tail holder.  Christy's Gray-Blue eyes were wide with fear and you could tell she was trying to figure out some other explanation to this frightening experience.  That's just who Christy was, always trying to convince herself that everything was okay, for once I wish she was right. 

I looked at Christy sternly.  "What?"  She asked concerned.  "Christy! I thought he was going to kidnap us! I've seen that kind of stuff in movies!"  I took a long deep breath before continuing.  "We need to send him to jail or the nut house! I mean did you see his eyes? They were black! NO Self respecting man has black eyes!"  "Danny I doubt he was a kidnapper, I mean movies equal Hollywood, Hollywood equals fake. Oh by the way did you see how I screamed in his face?!"  She asked.  A crazed look creeping onto her face.  I let a quick chuckle slip from my mouth.  "Yeah you totally freaked out!"  I retorted.  'only because you totally freaked me out by running away! And if he was a kidnapper he would have taken me by now, because you left me!" Christy grinned at me, BIG.  "Survival of the fittest!"  I yelled in a response we both starting laughing. 

We walked up to my room, i walked up the stairs but I still couldn't shake the feeling that Christy was wrong.

                                                 * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *

We lay on our own mattresses, I had a Trundle in my room.  The clock read two in the morning.  The only light in the room was the one that flickered from the laptop that sat in between me and Christy.  Christy and I were reading random books we found on Watt Pad.  We were just finishing a romance when I had and idea.  "We should go somewhere tomorrow."  "Did your mom leave money?"  Christy asked a hopeful look on her tan face.  "Yeah!"  I smiled.  "She left 800 bucks for food and emergency and then we have 75 left over to spend. Plus I have 100 bucks saved up!"  I replied gladly.  "I've got 125 too so that's 300 for us to spend!"  Christy replied excitedly. "Lets go see a move and go to the mall!' Chrystie piped up.  "Yeah sounds good."  I replied.  "I need new converse. Mine are too small. Moving up to a size twelve!"  I exclaimed. 

"My feet are size eight!, Sometimes nine, or even seven, depending on the shoe!"  I snickered. Pretty soon my snicker was a laugh, then a cackle, and then I was dying with laughter.  "you know,"  Christy started.  "If you keep growing like this you'll die!'  "What why?!"  I asked shocked.  A smile replaced her serious face.  "Because they'll mistake you for bigfoot and shoot you!"  "Bigfoot is my friend!"  I replied.  Christy grinned at me and we then got back to reading and laughing at all the cheesey moves the guys would pull on the girls.

                                               **************************************************

I woke up to the sound of glass breaking.  I looked over to see Christy asleep.  Then before I had the time to react a dark shadow was cast apon the room.  I strong firm hand clamped over my mouth daring me to scream so I did.  Then I felt a sharp jabb.  I was getting drowsey, the man and squeaked on the matress and froze.  Just before everything went black, I looked over and saw a pair of Gray-Blue eyes light up in the early morning sunrise. I begged Christy silently to hit the man on the head or to call the cops.  I couldnt believe how hard I begged for Christy not to scream, but before I faded I herd that same loud framiliar moaning sound comming from Christy's outstreched mouth.

=====================================================================================

Hey thanks for reading, I'll upload the nex chapter in the next two hours (: thanks again!! Love Jenn <3