"Good afternoon, how may I..." She then squeaked and flushed.

Adrien walked up to her, chuckling. "I didn't know I had such an effect on you, princess." he whispered in amusement.

Marinette glared at him, though she figured it didn't look very threatening with her red cheeks. She took a napkin and lightly hit him with it. "Oh, shut it kitty. Can I get you anything?"

"Yeah, you know I'd love an éclair if you could," he answered politely. And with a glint flashing through his eyes, he added, "A kiss would be nice too."

Marinette laughed. She leaned over and pecked him on the lips. "There, now let me get you an éclair. Are you going take it to go or to stay?"

"To stay, if you don't mind."

Marinette bit her lip with a smile. "Who would mind? Let me go to the back."

She walked into the back, thankful her parents couldn't see what had been going on outside. Her mother looked up with flour on her nose. "Everything okay?"

"Yup! Are the éclairs finished?"

Her mother nodded and gestured to the tray. Marinette carried them back outside and put them into the glass case, taking one out and handing it to Adrien with a smile.

"Thank you, Mari."

She giggled. "Of course, anytime!"

"Here, let me-"

"Don't even think about it," Marinette interrupted. "My parents wouldn't let you pay for it either. My treat."

Adrien pouted. "Fine, fine. Can I help you out in front then?"

Marinette glowed. "Of course! Might want to grab an apron from the back first though." Adrien nodded and walked inside while Marinette stood behind the counter and waited for another customer. She smiled brightly as the door jingled.

"Welcome! May I get you anything?"

Sabrina, from her class, stepped in and nodded. "Can I have a box of croissants?" she asked, politely. Marinette obliged.

Adrien came back out, red-faced. As Marinette handed Sabrina the box, she turned to him. "Are you okay? What happened?"

He shook his head. Sabrina looked astonished, with her jaw dropped. "Hi, Sabrina." Adrien greeted.

"Is she making you work here?" she accused.

Marinette recoiled, hurt. "No, of course not. I asked to help out." Adrien replied, raising an eyebrow.

Sabrina stared at the two of them for a moment before putting a bill down. "For the croissants," she muttered, unnecessarily.

Marinette gave her the change. "Have a nice day," she added, with a forced smile. Sabrina left quickly.

Adrien turned to her. "Chloe obviously brainwashed her, but they have been treating you like that all this time?"

Marinette shrugged. "I guess," she answered, noncommittally. Seeing him tense, she quickly said, "Don't get upset, it's not a big deal." As she turned to tend to the next customer, she heard him say something along the lines of, "Well it's a big deal to me" in response.

About an hour later, Juleka and Rose entered together. Marinette brightened considerably.

"Do a lot of our classmates come here?" Adrien asked. Marinette nodded.

"Sometimes we give them discounts," Marientte said with a grin. "Juleka, Rose! How can I help you?"

"Two croissants and two hot chocolates!" Rose answered for them. "Thanks, Mari."