Old Scars Can Lead To Fresh Wounds

I went on about as normally as I could. Elliot staying here made it harder. He usually slept in the guest room down the hall from mine. He's woken me up a couple times already though. It would seem he has nightmares much like my own.

Every day we spend together I find myself feeling guiltier about it all. He's been kind when he's here, he's been helping with the horses, cooking dinner, he's been perfect. Nothing has happened between us, not again. It's been awkward to say the least. Neither of us making a move since the kitchen.

Elliot would wake up at five, feed the horses and be gone by six. He wouldn't get back most nights until dinner. I didn't question it. I knew he was working on a job. Spyware on his phone wasn't hard. When Hardison hacked my decoy phone he accidentally gave me an in inside of his system. They had been grifting some hedge fund manager. Nothing too spectacular but he was a bad dude none the less.

Him being gone gave me more time to work on my plans. I set up a dummy string to send him more crime scene photos. I had it set up to send one every 12 hours. Last night he got one at the table with me as we ate. Seeing his blood run cold didn't make me feel as good as I thought it would though.

This cat and mouse continued over the next week. It was taking longer than we thought for Kay to get released from the hospital. Elliot was afraid to go back to his house, so he kept making excuses to stay. I didn't mind the help so I didn't complain.

Tonight was different when he came back though. He walked straight into the kitchen, not a word uttered before kissing me and lifting me to the counter. His grip only separating to turn the stove off, he was careful not to repeat last time. As soon as he did he grabbed me again carrying me to my bedroom. His hands never letting go of me, our lips locked In a battle for control.

He pushed the door open as he kissed my neck. Within seconds he had me on the bed and his shirt on the ground. I paused before running my hands over his body, his chest covered in scars new and old. He slowly reached down pulling my sundress over my head.

He looked at me for a moment before Leaning down to kiss me again. His hands reaching around to unhook my bra, as he dropped it he ran his hands over the scars on my back looking at me with a sad look. He knew enough to know what they were from. Some how it didn't seem to phase him though.

He gently kissed me as he continued to run his hands over my body. Over every scar and imperfection, touching every part of me like I was a work of art regardless. He hovered over me as he carefully laid me back on the bed. His lips once again met mine as he crawled onto the bed.

Gently he  pulled his remained clothes off, my eyes glancing all over his body. He leaned over top of me before crashing his lips on mine again. His hand was slowly trailing down my body, while his other kept him hovering over me. His free hand was soon pulling the last barer between us from my body. With a smirk he carelessly cast my lace panties to the floor.

I felt his hand caress me gently before feeling him crash into me. His actions made me gasp as we laid there. Soon he leaned up from his place hovering over me to grab me by the waist, his rough hands were pulling me into him even harder as he stared down at me.

Not a word exchanged between us. Our bodies were doing the talking for us. We explored each other for what felt like hours before finally collapsing onto each other trying to catch our breathe. Only then did words finally escape my mouth.

"You're the only person who's, you're the only one who's made me feel like that even with my scars" I panted out breaking the silence unsure of what his response would be.

He rolled over to face me, his hand caressing my arm as we laid eye to eye with each other. His eyes slowly gazing into mine.

"Scars are a part of what makes us who we are." He said wrapping his arms around me and pulling me close.

There was a feeling of intimacy in his embrace. The way he held onto me was genuine. It was something I've never felt before.

"Stay with me tonight, don't let go, just tonight." I whispered into his chest gripping him tightly.

"Just tonight" he whispered back as I nestled down into him, my eyes soon to heavy to open.

Before I knew it I was on top  of Elliot with my hands around his neck. I had woken up from a nightmare to find myself like this. Elliot had me flipped pinning my hands above my head before I could react any farther.

"It's just me Kara, it's Elliot" he said holding me as I instinctively squirmed and writhed. "Kara you're safe. Calm down you're safe."

Slowly my heart rate slowed and I stopped squirming my eyes locked with his. As soon as I was calm he let me go before hugging me.

"God Elliot I'm so sorry." I apologized as he sat up in the bed with me.

"It's okay, nightmare?" He asked as I pulled away from his embrace.  "If you ever want to talk about what happened, I'm here."

I just sat crying as he held me. I couldn't seem to muster the words. For the first time, the nightmare wasn't just about him. It was about everything else, about the scars, the pain that followed that day.

"I grew up in foster care, it's not, I've got some baggage Elliot." I barely mumbled as he ran his hand through my hair.

"It's okay Kara, I'm not upset with you, honestly I'm impressed. You're stronger than you look." He chuckled brushing my hair from my now sticky cheeks. "Do you want me to go to my room or stay with you?"

"Is it selfish to ask you to stay after I almost killed you?" I chuckled back wiping the tears from my puffy eyes.

"Hey give me some credit I disarmed you pretty quickly." He teased before kissing my head. "I'm right here, I'm not going anywhere. I promise, you will always be safe with me. I'm not going to let anyone hurt you."

"Why are you so nice to me?" I asked looking up as our eyes met. Elliot only smiled as he looked down at me.

"Because you deserve to be treated better, you deserve better than me." He answered as he caressed my face. 

"You're the one who deserves better." I barely whispered as I leaned into his chest. Maybe he has changed, maybe I'm the one who's the monster now.