Chapter Eleven

Well, here you go, my lovely readers. Man, you guys are awesome.

Chapter Eleven: Memories of Toshiro

Point of View: Zianthos

"Do not overdo it, Zi. It is still early to think back on the darker days." Zach warns me.

I do not hear him as I am swallowed by another memory passing.

Flashback

"Hey!" I hear Toshiro yell as I enter the tent, slipping between the flaps.

He follows in after me, not letting me be alone.

"Can you please leave me be?" I ask, not turning.

His hand on my shoulder makes me turn and I will not look him in the eye. "No, I want to make sure you are all right. I know you are not perfectly fine, but I need to make sure you are healthy. Plus, you still have to introduce yourself."

"I cannot find it within me to attach myself!" I yell and then look away again, at the ground. "Not again." I answer, more calm.

"We all felt the same way and it is harder for the newer members because it is one more than the one before them had to take in. We can help you. Look, you don't have to like us and trust us immediately, but you have to like us just a little." He tells me.

"O...Okay." I murmur.

"There. See? Not so hard, right? Now, how is your heart, brother?" Toshiro is smiling brightly.

"It's beating, I suppose." I answer quietly.

Toshiro sighs. "You are going to be one difficult cookie, my friend. One tough nut to crack indeed. Well, how about you and me have a little chat before we go to breakfast, eh? I'll tell you a lot about me and in exchange, you tell me a little about yourself. That way you know you can trust me a little more. How about it?"

"Alright." I whisper nearly inaudibly.

"Man, you are bad." Toshiro shakes his head as he sits down with me.

Flashback End

"I miss Toshiro." I sigh, Zack remaining quiet at my side even though he does nod in agreement.

Flashback

"So, heart attack, huh?" Toshiro scratches the back of his head and I nod slowly. "Well, can't say any of us were hurt that bad, not even me. Does it hurt?" I shake my head and he sighs heavily. "Alright, then. I'll tell you my story, how's that?"

"I guess." I agree quietly.

"So, my name was Inogo." He chuckles. "Apparently my mother had a thing for different cultures back when she had me because I never lived it down. Though, I am pretty old and she was a bit of a well-known queen back then. I am a bastard on both accounts. I am not an heir to Olympus and not an heir to the city long forgotten and taken over by the forests of Earth, one that was cut down a while ago. No ruins. My dad is Apollo." He shrugs. "I fell in love with the most beautiful maiden I had ever laid eyes upon. I courted her, showered her with gifts, but when we were about to tie ourselves to each other...I lost her to some man from a noble family that came to the castle. I was forbidden to reveal who I really was by the king, the only reason I was allowed to live. Now...my heart has mended, but I doubt I will ever find my other half. Judging by your pain, I would assume your true other half was the one who betrayed you the most. And I do not blame you. It will pass."

"I swore off women forever." I mumble.

Toshiro chuckles. "We all did."

"No, I mean for eternity. I will never leave Lord Apollo's service, ever." I try to get my point across to him.

He says nothing for a little while, but then he stands and comes over, setting his hand on my shoulder. "Well," He clears his throat. "There is nothing much I can say to that one and really, I can see why you did it. Your other half cut you out of her life and since there is no other for you, you made the oath completely binding. Listen, the pain will diminish, kid. We all went through it." He pats my shoulder and stops in the entrance as he leaves. "Come to the mess tent when you are ready to talk and introduce yourself. I may not know your story, but I can see it in your eyes. All I ask right now, is that you get on your feet. After you introduce us and eat something, you can come back here and think about the road ahead. We are all here for you, brother."

The flap falls back into place as he exits the tent.

"Brother." I echo.

Flashback End

I know, I know, but I have exams to study for. Enjoy this, my lovely readers!