Chapter Eight

Hello again, my lovely readers!

Chapter Eight: Bringing Back the Lost Ones

Point of View: Zianthos

We high five each other as we end the second game. We beat both the war and thief cabins. I'm actually enjoying myself despite being where I am. I grin along with my brothers and we run down to the beach. We whoop and holler as we jump into the newly restored waters.

I come out first, completely dry of course. I sit on the sand and watch the others have fun. Zach grins and waves at me. I smile and wave back. His eyes narrow and I hear a voice from behind me.

"I see you've found my favorite spot to sit on when I come here. May I sit with you?" It's her voice.

"Yes." I say in a strained tone.

Annabeth sits beside me and I force myself to acknowledge her before looking back out to watch my brothers. Zach nods to me and continues on with the others, all of them now being wary.

"So, care to tell me who you and the others are?" She asks hesitantly.

"Lady Thalia explained that you all would be informed in the dining pavilion at midday for lunch." I answer quietly.

"Am I not allowed to know beforehand?" She asks curiously.

"We are the Hunters of Apollo and I am the Lieutenant." I tap the band that signifies my position.

She's quiet for a few seconds. "I didn't know they existed." Is all she manages.

"Only ourselves, Lord Apollo, and the Fates knew of our existence up until a few thousand years ago. We came from Olympus with the Huntresses earlier. We have always been here, just not in common knowledge. Out of sight, out of mind. That's how we remained for over 25,000 years. We were founded soon after the twins of Leto were born. Around the same time as the Huntresses. But we haven't lost as many as they have." I tell her.

"How many have you lost?" She asks after a little while.

"Three in total." I reply.

"I'm sorry for your losses." She says sincerely.

"Thank you." I say through gritted teeth. "The ladies have lost more than enough. They don't have anyone as old as our eldest. The closest they have is to one of our younger recruits."

"How old are you?" She asks curiously.

"Too old. I should be dead. I came into this family a very long time ago." I tell her.

"Have you traveled far?" She asks, hope in her voice.

"Yes. All over the world. We go to Alaska every once in a while as well. Looking for things to hunt or just for the serenity of the environment. Less pollution and crazy mortals." I answer.

"Is there any chance you have run into a guy named Perseus Jackson?" She asks. "You look exactly like him. But you don't seem like he did."

I hold in my flinch and smile tightly. "I have been told that a thousand times already and have been asked that same question just as much. No, I have not seen Perseus Jackson. I have heard of him but I do not recall seeing him. I never forget anything. It's how I function."

"You talk like you are a machine." She giggles.

"It's how I run when being asked questions. I provide answers to the inquiries you may have. I am normally focused on work. I don't usually relax like this. It is different, nice." I reply.

"Oh, I'm sorry." She says.

"It's fine." I wave it off.

"Is something wrong? You look like you're in pain." She touches my shoulder and I wince. She pulls back immediately. "Hey, are you alright?" She tries again.