Chapter Four

On and on and on, my lovely readers!

Chapter Four: Greetings

Point of View: Zianthos

I swim right up to the doors with my hood up and the mermen cross their tridents over the doors a little weakly. I frown at their sad attempts. The blackened sea hurts them and they try not to show it, they too seem to be depressed like my father, just not as badly.

"It is alright. I am a son of Poseidon. No need to worry. I have come bearing some news that may help heal the sea and calm your species back down to honor. Unbar the way friends." I smile at them a little.

They look surprised and move their weapons out of the way. They start to bow and I shake my head, making them confused. "Do not bow to me. I am a being just as you are. There is no need to show me that kind of gesture." They smile brightly and open the doors for me, if a little slowly.

I walk through and make it to the throne room. I kneel before the shriveled man upon the beautiful throne. "My lord." I say.

He looks up at me and I let my aura explode around me in the whole room. "Who are you? Which immortal son of mine are you?" Poseidon asks in a gravelly voice, a small bit of hope in it.

"Father, I am the one that went missing and I was not immortal at the time of my disappearance. I am truly sorry for my lack of communication with you. I thought it best, I see my mistake." I tell him, rising from my place on the floor. I pull back my hood and am tackled by a huge godly hug.

"Percy." Poseidon breathes.

"Yes." I wrap my arms around him.

"I missed you so much. Where have you been?" He asks in a watery voice, I know he is crying. In relief or joy or sadness, I do not know.

"There's so much to tell you and I am so sorry I made you this way." I choke out, why am I crying?Poseidon stiffens and then hugs me more. "I shouldn't have fallen this far. Please don't blame yourself. You know better. Help me heal it."

I nod into his shoulder and he turns into his true form. I use my own power to help him and together...The whole entire body of water covering the Earth returns better than it was before, including the fresh water bodies. The pollution wiped completely away, the sadness gone, and the power returned. Poseidon returns to his usual form and I almost collapse as he catches me. He frowns. "Are you alright?" He worries.

I put a hand to my head. "Yes, I don't normally use a vast amount of power like that. It is tiring." I tell him and he smiles as he nods. He steadies me and hugs me again.

"Will you stay?" He asks hopefully.

"I would love nothing more than to spend the time lost with you. But my duty calls me away. There is much I need to tell you. The meeting will explain. Do not strike anyone for anything, no matter what. Act like you never saw me. Keep them in the dark. Apollo has the answers. I am happier than I was when I left. Forgive me for leaving then and forgive me for leaving now. But I must hurry. My lord needs my assistance. I have been away for too long. You should act angry at yourself. It would be the most reasonable. I will visit you again. I promise. I am still here." I tell him.

He hugs me closer. "Where are you going?"

I pat his back. "Somewhere that my family wishes to go." I tell him.

"Family?" He freezes.

"Relax. I've been away for several millennium. I still love you as my father. You will always be that to me. But I have brothers to get back to and they were the ones that convinced me to come. You will meet them very soon. I expect you'll know exactly who I am when you meet me again. It may not be pleasant with the others on the council. So much to do and explain. I am sorry you must learn with them and from someone else." I tell him.