|2| Keith Moon - p. 2

Part Two of: Ghost Reader!AU

Weeks passed as you found comfort in Keith's company.

You learned that he was extremely entertaining and had never ceased to amaze you. In those few weeks, you began to secretly practiced showing yourself, how you were to speak, and how to move or touch objects. (You had done all this in the guest bedroom, of course, lest Keith randomly found you appearing out of no where.  Heaven knows you didn't want that to happen.) And one night, you decided you had enough practice to not only show your presence to Keith, but also speak to the man.

"Haha!" Keith laughed loudly into the phone receiver, "Alright then, Pete! I'll talk to you next then?" There was a pause from him as the other line spoke, "Alright, night." And then there was a click as Keith hung up the phone.

The man sighed as he lay back into the bed. You stood at the doorway, hesitant with what you had in mind. But ever so slowly, you hovered near the man.

"Blood hell. Why must it be so cold all the time?" Keith shivered.

"I'm sorry. If I could, I'd try and be a little more warmer." You said without a second thought. Then there was screaming.

Now you were fully visible as well. Oh great, this isn't how you wanted this to go.

"Who the bloody hell are you?!"

"I can explain." You neared him.

He crawled backwards on the bed until he hit the bed back.

"I won't hurt you, I'm a-"

"A ghost." He interrupted you, "I know. But, uh, are you evil? Are you a demon? You're a demon, aren't you? Will you possess me?!"

You laughed, "No. No, I'm not a demon. I'm just a presence."

"Presents? You have presents!?" His worried look quickly turned into a queer happiness.

You rolled your eyes, "Not that type of presence."

"Then your name is presence, then?" He nodded to himself. Before you could correct him and say anything more, he began to speak again, "How long have you been here?"

"Way before you had moved in."

"So, you've stalked me this entire time?"

"I don't have much else to do, so-" You shrugged with a laugh.

There was a pause, "Do you," He smirked, "Do you watch me undress?"

"What?! No!" Now, if you were alive and had blood, you would have felt it rush to your cheeks right then and there.

"Sure you do." Keith winked.

-

The next few months after were the best months of your life - or maybe it was the best months of your death. Being dead made things a little difficult. Oh well, anyhow, making your presence known had made Keith interested in you. But you were just trying to get used to your nickname.

"It's been a few weeks and I've still yet to know your name, Presence."

"I thought Presence would suffice?"

"Your real name, Presence."

You laughed, "You sound like that Gollum from Lord of the Rings."

"My presence." He mocked a Gollum voice.

"My presence." You corrected him.

He rolled his eyes.

"(Name)." You said.