The Last One

After I found out about Jacob, I confronted him the next day. He told me everything. John made a bet with him. He told Georgia at the park about it because he couldn't deal with it. He didn't want to keep going because he was my friend.

I was in tears, "Jacob, I have liked you since the first day I have met you. I thought I knew you better. Why would you do this?" I said with lots of tears rolling down my face.

"..."

"Wow. So you have the courage to betray my trust, but you can't answer a question? I don't want to keep being mad anymore so how about you do both of us a favor and don't talk to me."

"Sarah, I'm sorry. I did like you. But you were with Matthew. I wasn't going to ruin your relationship. And I didn't want to do anything after him because I didn't want to feel like I was taking advantage of you. Then we were friends, I kind of lost my interest. I'm really sorry that I even bothered with the bet. I don't know why I did it. But, you deserve better. I just want you to know, even though you may not think fond of me anymore. I will always love you as a friend. I'm sorry for everything that I've ever done to hurt you. I just wanted to tell you I'm sorry before we part our ways."

I walked away.

I didn't know anymore. I didn't want to see or talk to him for a long time.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
10 years later

I was walking with my boyfriend Tyler when I saw a familiar face. I went up to them.

"Jacob?" I asked.

"Sarah?" He asked back.

"Oh my gosh, it's so nice to see you again!" I said. "Uh, Tyler this is Jacob. An....old friend." I said. Remembering the memories from a long time ago.

"Nice to meet you Tyler."

"And you." Tyler replied back.

"Well, we're kind of in a hurry so we'll see you around. Maybe coffee sometime?" I said.

"Yeah, that'd be nice." Jacob said.

Tyler and I walked away. It was nice to see Jacob again. He'll always have a place in my heart.