I nodded in agreement after a brief moment. I don't like this guy. He talks about Hira like he is her guardian and why is he so mature???

I ask Ami to bring Hira to the car. I still didn't talk to her nor go in front of her. It may seem foolish, but I am reluctant to face her. I went out to the parking area and waited for Ami and Hira at the entrance. Hassan accompanies Hira and Ami to the car and after many scoldings from him and Ami, Hira agreed to go back home without collecting her father's body.

She sat at the back with Ami and kept looking out the window, lost in her thoughts throughout the drive. She didn't even spare a glance at her surroundings and she didn't even notice me too. But I am not upset about it, because right now I don't have any idea of how can I introduce myself or talk to her right now.

We reach her home at sunrise. She silently gets off the car and walks towards her home with heavy steps. She stumbles upon her feet many times in this short distance but regains her composure over time. Something she is used to doing, I guess. Both Ami and I also follow her silently.

I wish there was anything I could do for her...

~

"I am worried about Hira. That girl barely says three sentences in the past three days. Even yesterday, when her phuppo (father's sister) said that she will be taking her home, Hira didn't object. She just sat there, detached from the world. Her friend told me that she doesn't like her relatives. They are selfish and greedy and I also saw that myself."

"Hm!" I say absentmindedly.

I know what she is talking about. I was also surprised to see their thoughtlessness when they came late in the morning. What sort of relatives leaves a girl alone with her neighbours and friends when her father had just passed away. Are they even worthy of taking her to their home?

"Ami?"

"Hm"

"Can we bring Hira home?"

"What?" She froze with her eyes fixated upon me.

"I am not saying that she should live here for long. But at least I want her to stay in peace until she recovers from the shock and make a proper decision for herself." I tried to convince her.

"Beta, what are you saying? Her phuppo is taking her home and she will get married soon to her son."

"Wait, what...? She is not engaged."

"No, she is not. But she has to marry someone sooner or later. So, why not her cousin?"

"That is not a question, Ami. The question is why her cousin? Because her father died and she has no one? So she should go with others' decisions? That's not right, Ami. She is a living person and has the right to make her own decision."

"Of course she has, beta and no one is going to force her."

"Aren't you saying that she could make the decision without any pressure while living in their house? Is this even possible?" I mocked.

"Then what do you want, beta?" Ami sighed.

"As a friend, I want her to live her life to the fullest and be able to make decisions freely."

"I also want this, beta but..."

"But what?"

"She cannot stay here. You and Ahmar both are grown, boys. Living with a young girl under the same roof who is not your relative is not right."

"Ami, she can live on the upper floor and besides, can't you put these lame reasons on the side for a few days to save a life? She can also live as our paid guest."