Then Jacey, Asher, Christina, and Gemma laugh.

"Aw they even finish each other's sentences!" Christina gushes

"We aren't dating we're just..." I say and then look up at Cole "friends"

"Yeah...friends" Cole says

"Oh shit you just got friend zoned!" Jaden says and pats Cole on the back

"Jaden quit messing with them, if they say they're friends, then they're friends" Jacey tells him and smacks his arm. Then she looks at her phone "Jaden, Your mom just texted me to tell me to meet her at Lamade Stadium for your first game so we are going to head over there"

He pulls her in for another hug "okay, wish me luck"

"You don't need luck" she tells him and smiles "bye Cole, see you out there"

Cole says bye to all of them, and then Gemma puts her hand on his arm "Good luck Cole"

That small action—for some reason—struck a nerve, and it doesn't take a genius to know that it was jealously.

He smiles at her and nods his head, and then she walks away with Jacey, Asher, and Christina leaving me with Jaden and Cole.

"I'm going to go back to the grove and get my stuff...Cole do you want to come with me?" Jaden asks him

"That's okay, I'll walk over with Luna after I say hi to my family" he says and puts his arm over my shoulder. This time I don't push his arm off.

"Okay see you at the grove" Jaden tells him and then starts his walk to the grove.

"Were meeting your family?" I ask him

"No, just my cousin, Luke" he tells me and then leads me farther away from the big crowd in the entrance, and to his cousin.

"Cookie!" A tall (gorgeous) boy with dark hair and blue eyes exclaims, then goes to hug Cole. Cole removes his arm and hugs him back.

"Hey!" Cole tells him

Once then release I speak up "cookie?"

"That's his nickname" the person tells me "I'm Luke, and you are?"

"That will take a blow to your ego" I tell Cole and he playfully rolls his eyes "I'm Luna"

"Before you ask any questions, I would like you to know that we are just friends" Cole tells his cousin

"Why so eager to tell me that?" Luke asks

"We've had the status of our relationship questioned before, and we didn't want a misunderstanding" I tell him

"Gotcha" Luke says and laughs" I'm heading over to Lamade. Good luck, and I'll see you after the game"

Luke smiles and then says bye to me before he starts to walk away.

"Your cousin seems nice" I tell Cole as we are walking to the grove.

"Yeah, yeah..." Cole says to me almost...annoyed

"What?" I ask "are you jealous?"

"No" he mumbles, but I see through his lie

"Cole we agreed that we are just friends, plus Im in a complicated relationship" I explain

"You kissed me and you are in a relationship? Great you are a two timer!" He says frustrated.

"Don't you dare say that about me, when you don't know a thing about me!" I raise my voice and stop walking.

"You said you were in a relationship, you kissed me. I'm almost one hundred percent sure that makes you a cheater. You acted all innocent, but really, you were just waiting to find another guy to feel sorry for you"

"Shut up!" I say clearly frustrated "I know I kissed you. You can call me a cheater all you want because yes, I do have a boyfriend, but do you know what? He's dead Cole, he's fucking gone. He is still my boyfriend even though he's gone because we never broke it off!"

His face softens "Lun—"

"No! Don't talk to me. It didn't even matter that I opened up to you because you think I'm an attention whore. I kissed you because I thought that this summer would be different, that I can move on from Luca, but now I see how stupid I was for almost giving you a chance" I try my best not to slap him right across his face "I can't believe I almost moved on from Luca to...you"

I look at him and his face has regret all over it.

"Have fun the rest of your time here" I tell him (not meaning it) and walk away to no where in particular, just anywhere from him.

----------

You thought this story wasn't going to have a Cuna fight? Nah.