So that's what I did, the dispatcher asked me a ton of questions but all I could tell them was that I've been stabbed and I was in danger. They told me to hold on and that they'd send someone but I didn't know how long I could.

I was basically sitting a puddle of my own blood. No matter how much I wanted to live death was inevitable. It was going to happen someday and I guess today was my day. I had to make peace with that. Maddox and Aspen would hopefully never forget me and learn to be a way better person than I was. Athena would hopefully live happily, and possibly remarry and find the right girl just for her. It was only things that I could hope although.

There was no telling what would happen once I was gone, but something told me not to worry. Everything would be fine. I could hear my grandmother calling my name over the ambulances in the distance. Her voice was so light and lively. A slight smile came upon my face and I closed my eyes willingly.

-

I stared across the white room as tears fell down my cheeks for what felt like the thousandth time in just a span of three days. Across from me, lying in the bed as lifeless as ever was my wife. It seemed like the color was leaving her body. She was such a hero for not only saving me but her friends as well. She was gratefully appreciated and I just wanted her to wake up so she could know that.

The doctors said that the amount of blood loss was substantial. Any extra minute before treatment and she would've been dead. Now they had her hooked up to machines that was doing almost everything for her. One was giving her medicine. One was giving her oxygen. Another was giving her blood. It was all too much. The doctors didn't know if she'd make it. I prayed that she did. I needed her. The kids needed her. We all needed her.

There was a knock on the door and within a few seconds a head peeked in. It was my brother, Ryker. His face was just as grave as mine. "You should let him see her," he told me. He was referring to Maddox. As soon as things cleared, my family flew down from Florida. Maddox wanted so desperately to see Kai but I didn't want him to see her like that. She was so helpless.

"He doesn't need to see her like this."

"What if she doesn't make it? He deserves to see her one last time while she's somewhat alive, Athena. The kid is miserable. Aspen too." I sighed and looked over to the bed.

"Bring them in," was all I said. Ryker walked away and he didn't come back until five minutes later. When he did, Maddox walked in shyly and Aspen was in Ryker's arms. "Hi, babies," I told them gently. Ryker gave me Aspen before leaving me with my children and wife.

Aspen and Maddox both stared at all the machines and Kai with terror. I knew that they shouldn't have seen this. I made Aspen look away and held her tightly, as Maddox continued to stare. He walked over to his mother and touched her hand. "She's really hot," he commented. "Does she have a fever?"

"I'm not sure what's going on, honey." Kai feeling hot was pretty weird since the past few days every time I touched her, she was nearly ice cold. I stood up and walked over to her and took her hand in mine. She was warm.

"I just want her to wake up, Mommy," Maddox finally said.

"Me too."

"Me three." I looked down at Aspen with my eyebrows furrowed and then towards Kai. A lazy smiled formed on my wife's face. "Why are you guys so...," she paused for a long while before continuing, "sad." Her speech was slow but that was the last thing I cared about. She was awake and alive!

"Momma," Maddox put his hand on Kai's arm with excitement and she winced. He quickly took it away. "Sorry!"

"It's okay, buddy." She closed her eyes for a long while. I thought she had fell asleep or slipped back into her coma but she finally spoke again. "I'm in so much f-cking pain. My body feels so heavy."