☾ 11

Words couldn't explain the feelings and the emotions that was running through out all of my body. Blood rushed through my veins like never before. My jaw was clenched tight and my hand was glued to my gun as I pointed it at the intruder of Athena and I's relationship. I felt beyond disrespected by not only her, but my wife as well. Her friends, my friends, her family and our children all watched on in terror of my next move. They were all worried that I would really pull the trigger and honestly, my finger was itching to do so. I've would've been pulled it but something in my brain kept telling me 'no.'

Aspen and Maddox were watching on, looking at me as if I was monster. If I really was to pull the trigger then they would truly be scared of me for life. They would remember this for the rest of their life. The day their mother killed a woman for putting her lips on their other mother. It'd really f-ck them up mentally. They could become harsh or cold to society or a f-cked up person like me. The last thing I wanted was for the kids to have a life like me. I grew up and saw both of my parents' dead, gruesome bodies. Obviously, I went on the wrong path and now here I was unhappy as ever. I didn't want that for them. They couldn't be as heartbroken, as lost and as cold as me.

Tessa stood across from me with her hands up in the air with nothing but terror in her teary eyes. I found it funny how she wasn't so sarcastic and sadistic now. Now she wasn't smiling or running her smart ass mouth. The big mouthed b-tch was scared now. Her life was flashing before her eyes and she knew soon she'd be closing them permanently. Behind me, faintly, I could hear Athena pleading for her life but I blocked her out. I was equally as mad at Athena as Tessa right now. The only reason the barrel of the gun wasn't pointed at her was because she was the wife of my kids and for some reason, my dumbass still loved her.

Everyone watched on to the altercation. Some were looking in terror, some in shock and others in disappointment. They knew the old Kai was back. Her siblings knew. My friends knew. Her friends knew. My kids were getting the first glimpse of the dark individual and I knew they weren't liking it. Some of her sibling screamed for me not to do it. My friends screamed for me to think sh-t through. It really didn't matter what anyone else said. My mind was the one to make the decision of whether Tessa got to live or die.

I closed my eyes for a few seconds and blocked out everyone. Everything within me was screaming for me to do it, but that little f-cking voice telling me 'no' won. Without a word, I put down my gun and just stared at Tessa. She looked startled that I was giving her a chance to live. I don't think she got that even though I was given her a chance to live, I was still going to beat the f-ck out of her ass.

My gun went back in its usual location on my body. "I'm letting you live, but just so you know I'm going give you the beating of your life," I told her with nothing but venom in my voice. If we were going to fight then we were going to fight fair. I wasn't going to send a cheap shot when she least expected it.

Even though Tessa was taken aback she managed to get in a horrible fighting stance. What an idiot. I sent a punch to her jaw with as much force and power as possible. As soon as my fist collided with her face, I felt something crackle. She fell straight down to the ground and I climbed on top of her. My punches pelted her face over and over again and it seemed like everything went black.

"That's enough, Kai," I heard Phoenix yell as he pulled me off of Tessa. I stood up to my feet and looked down at the girl. She was bleeding from her mouth and her whole face was swollen. Laying there, she looked absolutely lifeless. What hurt the most was when Athena ran over to her and fell over her body. She cried into her ex as she screamed about how horrible I was. Apparently, I was a monster. I stepped back and watched everyone gather around Tessa with worry. She was still breathing but barely. The ambulance was on their way.