Chapter 18

Since I had the next day off, I spent the day with Leo and Thiago hanging out. We went for a swim, with T loving his little floats. I couldn't resist taking a photo of Leo and his son and putting it on Instagram, captioning it "Minha Vida / Mi Vida".

After settling the little one down for a nap Leo returned downstairs to join me on the couch. He takes a seat next to me and grabs my hand, as I put down the book I was reading smile towards him.

He sighs before kissing my hand, "We need to talk, Marisol." I give him a questioning look since he very rarely uses my full name.

"What's wrong?" I ask, straightening up.

"Gerard told me what happened with Juan before I returned from Rosario," he reveals staring straight in my eyes.

"Oh," I respond looking away.

"Mari, you have nothing to be ashamed of. You did nothing wrong," He says hoarsely, and wraps his arm around my shoulder, effectively pulling me closer. "Why didn't you want me to know?" He asks, kissing the side of my head.

I burry my face in-between his neck and shoulder, "I didn't want you to worry about me," I mumble quickly.

"Que?"

I groan and move my head sideways so he could hear me clearly, "I didn't want you to worry about me since you had so much going on after the World Cup."

I moves a little so he could look into my eyes once more, "Marisol Dorotéa dos Santos Aveiro, do you honestly think you aren't worthy of my worries? Amor, you and Thiago are all I worry about. You two are the only people I need happy and safe. It's my job to help make sure you have both those things, and I couldn't even protect you because I was too scared to come home." He grumbles starting to get mad at himself.

"I love you." I whisper, "I didn't want you thinking any different of me."

He chuckles lightly, "You know I wouldn't have thought any different of you," he pulls my closer to his chest, "But you are okay, si?"

"I'm okay now that you're here," I respond cuddling even more into him, only to fall asleep.

-

"Mari, despertarse," I hear Leo say as I slowly come out of my nap.

"Whyyyyyyyy," I complain as I get up to see Valentina come in.

Leo chuckles at me before handing his son over to the nanny, "We have the team dinner with the new coach tonight, remember?," he mutters unhappily. Leo hasn't been happy with any of the managers ever since Tito left. It had hit Leo extremely hard when Tito had passed away. Leo also wasn't happy with the new coach's past winning records being less than spectacular. I had already met Luis Enrique during the preseason training sessions.

"But I've already met him..." I grumble as I get up to get changed.  Leo walked into his bedroom, which had semi been taken over by me since I spend half my time at his house anyways, and moves to go put a suit on as I went to shower.

Once I showered and changed into my outfit, I walk downstairs to see Leo waiting in the kitchen, talking to Valentina about Thiago starting daycare. Once he spots me, his face lights up and comes up to me kissing me on both cheeks and whispering, "hermosa."

After giving Thiago a kiss and saying goodbye to Valentina we finally made our way to the upscale Barcelona restaurant. The paparazzi already knew the team would be there, so of course they were awaiting the arrival of us.

"Leo when are you proposing?"

"Marisol, who will you go for in El Clasico?"

"Do you resent Luis Enrique for taking Martino's job?"