Chapter Nine

Anna's P.O.V.

Nothing. Absolutely nothing. That's impossible... I've never had a night without those horrid dreams. I tried everything under the sun. Everything. Medicine, Pills, herbal remedies... Even a mental therapist who insisted that eating exactly forty-seven kidney beans would rid me of the nightmares.

I peel open my eyes and roll over. Well try to. I'm weighed down by an extremely heavy... Wait is that an arm?

Now, believe me when I say, I'm not irrational or anything but what would you do in this situation? I, myself, panicked...

I struggle and squirm trying to release myself from this equivalent-of-a cinder block. What's this arm made of? Lead? My heart rate increases and my breathing becomes laboured. About to accept my demise, I trace my eyes up the arm and to the face of my doom. Wait... blue eyes... curly hair... gorgeous smile?

Reed.

I instantly relax as he starts laughing.

Anger bubbles inside me. That jerk! I can't believe he has the nerve to laugh at me! He wasn't the one being weighed down with the power of like sixteen tanks. I know I'm exaggerating but trust me, when you're as small as me, everything is heavy... It's one of my daily struggles.

I shove his arm off me and move away from him, pouting as I do so. This means war. This is going to be hilarious!

He instantly stops laughing. Well isn't that a coincidence, right now I'm trying not to laugh.

I pout and push myself closer to the wall.

"Anna... Baby," he says slowly, "are you ok?"

I grumble and blink a few times. He's going to pay for laughing. The tears rush to eyes... just like I wanted.

"Baby I didn't mean it... Come on Anna..."

I could tell he was getting worried. Look who's panicking now... I scoot down farther on the bed, making the appearance of leaving very believable. I simultaneously let one tear fall.

"Baby girl don't do that. Don't cry... Please. I didn't mean to laugh. I'm sorry! I'm so damn sorry! I can't lose you... I can't..." His voice cracks at the end.

Wait... What... He isn't...

"Baby come here... Please... Baby..."

I look over and see the tears form in his eyes... This was not part of the plan! What have I done?! I made him cry?! I'm a monster!

I push myself into his arms and stroke his hair as he places his face in my neck, crying silently.

Well... I am never doing that again. I feel terrible. Like I should!

"Reed... Baby..." I coo in his ear silently shushing him, "I was just joking."

It seems to work because he calms down after a few seconds, registering what I just said. He sits upright, pulling me onto his lap, kissing me. Sparks fly between us and I can taste his tears as he kisses me for what feels like eternity. When he finally pulls back he crushes me to his chest. I don't even try to stop him. I don't want to. Even if i did I wouldn't be able to, that kiss did something to me...

"Don't ever do that again," he laughs weakly, "you scared me so much."

"Why." I whisper back.

"Because I never want to lose you."

Oh... How can I mean so much to him in such little time? It makes no sense... The even crazier part is that I feel the exact same way...

"You won't."