Chapter 6

What pregnant? This can't be! Nononono something must be wrong with this.
I stand up and flush the toilet. I wash my tears.
Suddenly I heard a knock on the door.
"Honey?"
Topanga opens the door with green guacamole all over her face, she's in her pink robe though it looks like she has been up for hours.I have tears rolling on my cheeks.
She hands me other pregnancy test and tells me "just to make sure"
I sit in the toilet while sobbing, I take it out:

Positive

I stand up and look at myself in the mirror
Topanga walked in:
"Maya, I noticed that you ordered 7 chocolate shakes and drank them all and you've never been so sick" She took a deep breath." Maya, are you pregnant?"
I hold the pregnancy tests and show it to her.
She grabbed my head and hugged me very tight.
"I felt the same way when I was pregnant, I was young but don't worry, everything will be okay"
"No" I started sobbing "you weren't eighteen, you were married, you had your own home, you could take care of her!" I stick my head in her shoulder.
"Maya, my Amazon warrior, you are young, but you're strong and independent, you aren't married, but I can see how much Josh cares about you, your home, is here and NO ONE is prepared to be pregnant but you, Maya, you would be such a wonderful mother"
She pulled away and clean my tears.
"So are you are going to keep the baby?" She looked so serious.
I was silent and she hugged me to keep me from crying.
-
I decided that no matter what I have to tell Riley, before Josh, before my mother, before anyone.
-
"Riles?" I opened the door.
"Maya! I have HUGE news to tell you!" She grabs my hand and pulls me to the bay window.
"Yesterday, I texted my mom that I wouldn't go to our dinner, by the way how was it?"
"Actually I have to talk to you about that, I didn't go to the dinn-"
"I have HUGE news, Maya, Lucas drove me to his place, he made dinner himself and he gave me this!"
Riley showed me her hand, it had a ring.
"Riley, did Lucas propose?!"
"What? Oh no Maya, we aren't getting married anytime soon, this is a promise ring. It says "hi and hey forever" it means we'll be together forever.
"Actually Riley, I have to say some huge news too, it will affect many people's lives but I think that if we handle this well everything will be okay. And I'm responsible enough for this, I swear. I just need your support" a tear rolls down my cheek.
"Maya, what is it?"
"I'm- I'm pregnant Riley. It's Josh's"
Her eyes squinted and she stood up, she didn't say a word, she left the bay window and went to the living room. I ran after her.
"Josh!" Riley screams.

What will happen next? Will Maya have an abortion, will she leave this baby for adoption or should she keep it?
Will Josh survive Riley? How will Maya's mom handle the news?