Chapter 13

Chapter 13

                I stared at my reflection in the full length mirror standing in the corner of my bedroom. My hair cascaded down my shoulders in waves. I had taken the time to straighten it out but in the end, it had waved, unable to be tamed. I wore a black high waisted skirt with black sequenced leggings underneath tucked into my favorite pair of studded ankle high boots; a grey tank top tucked in with my favorite black leather jacket over. My make-up was done minimal- black and grey eye shadow blended together to give my eyes that deep smoky look.

                I turned away from the mirror and walked towards my bed to grab my bag. Pulling my iPhone out of my bag, I slid my finger across the screen and opened the unread text message from my mom that she had sent fifteen minutes ago.

                Dinner @ Olive Garden. Meet us there & don’t be late! Oh & you’re riding with Noah, I don’t want you driving in this weather alone. See you soon! –Mom.

                I rolled my eyes at her message and slung my bag over my shoulder before walking out of my bedroom. Taking the steps two at time, I was about to step into the kitchen when the doorbell rang, looking back I sighed and rounded the corner, heading towards the front door.

                Thunder boomed as I opened the door, lightning struck in the background, illuminating the dark skies for a few seconds. Noah stood on my front porch, hair sticking to his forehead due to the rain. It was drizzling out, not yet fully pouring like it had been a couple of hours ago. He wore a pair of dark blue jeans, a grey button up dress shirt, with his brown leather jacket protecting his shirt from getting soaked; a corner of his lip twitched up as his eyes racked over my body, head to toe- twice.

                His trade mark smirk appeared and my heartbeat increased. “You look nice,” he said, taking a few steps forward until he was inside the house.

                “Thanks,” I replied giving Noah a small smile. “I think we should get going, Olive Garden is across town and it’s about to start raining any minute.” I said looking outside.

                “Can I at least use the bathroom first?” he asked shaking his head side to side like a dog.

                I grimaced and closed the front door, “Stop acting like an animal.” I snapped glaring at him as I whipped off rain droplets from my leather jacket.

                “You’re forgetting I am one,” he winked before stripping off his leather jacket and draping it over the staircase railing. Walking down the hall, he entered the half bath and shut the door behind him. Biting my bottom lip, I walked towards the mirror that hung on the wall of the staircase and made sure my make-up hadn’t smudged. In my hand, my phone vibrated and I looked down at the lit up screen.

                Can we talk? –Kimberly.

                I snorted out a laugh, ignoring the text message and slid my phone into my bag. I hadn’t seen her the entire day at school, nor did I look for her. I had nothing to say to either Ryder or Kim- I didn’t want to talk to them. Things were done; nothing needed to be fixed. I just wanted to go on with my life. Sure it hurt, knowing that I not only lost my boyfriend but my best friend also, but people change, and obviously the people I had thought to be my closest friends changed. Why else would they have done what they did?

                “Let’s go,” Noah said, snapping me out of my trance. I looked over my shoulder, seeing him shrug on his leather jacket on once again. Fixing his colar he nodded towards the door and grabbed the umbrella that was leaning up against the wall next to the small table. Pushing me out, he locked the door with his spare key and sprung the umbrella open, covering us both with it before we stepped out into the rain.