Chapter 4

Chapter 4

                The moment Noah and I got home, I knew we were both in major trouble. Not only was my dad sitting on the couch waiting, but so was Nick. They were both sitting down staring at the TV that was set on mute. The moment, Noah stumbled in, due to my foot being out, I burst out in quiet giggles, yearning a glare from him.

                “What the fuck is your problem?” he whisper-yelled, not noticing that our fathers were sitting in the living room behind him.

                “You,” I snapped, recovering from my giggling. Shutting the door behind me, I waved towards the living room. “Hi daddy.”

                “Don’t ‘hi daddy’ me, where have you been? Do you know what time it is young lady?” my father snapped.

                I nodded and looked down at my Marc Jacobs watch. “It is 4:47 in the morning.” I replied. “And I was at Ryder’s. He had a small get together.”

                 “Are you drunk?” Nick questioned Noah.

                “Do I look drunk?” Noah retorted.

                “Don’t start doing this,” Nick scolded him. “We moved here for a reason.” He said, so low I almost missed it over my father’s ranting about how I needed to answer my phone when he or my mother called.

                Noah rolled his eyes, “Whatever, can I go up to my room now?” he asked.

                Noah turned away from his father and bounded up the stairs; my father snapped his fingers in front of my face, trying to get my attention. “Huh?” I replied looking at him.

                “Do you understand?” he asked me.

                “Understand what?”

                “That next time you don’t answer your phone, it’ll be taken away from you.” He said. “Also, you know your curfew is midnight, next time you exceed that time, you’ll be grounded for a month.”

                I nodded. “Yes, understood sir.”

                Rolling his eyes my father sighed. “You know I hate it when you call me that.”

                I shrugged, “It gets under your skin, and doing that is fun.”

                “Go to bed,” he said.

                Laughing I turned on my heels and took the stairs two at a time as I ran for the comfort of my bedroom. All I wanted to do was strip of my clothing and jump under my covers and sleep for hours. Just as I hit the landing, I saw Noah stepping out of the bathroom, shirtless. I stopped mid-walk, stunned by the sight in front of me. I knew it was wrong for two reasons, 1) I had a boyfriend and 2) it was Noah for crying out loud. When we were fifteen he put itching powder on my bed because I had accidently spilled bleach all over his favorite shirt.

                Slowly, I gained back the ability to walk normally and continued towards my bedroom; looking down at my wood flooring as I tried to look somewhere else other than his perfectly toned and defined torso. “Hey Fae,” Noah said and I froze, my hand on the doorknob to my bedroom.

                “What?” I replied.

                “For being such a bitch, your boyfriend is actually pretty cool.” He said.