One

[ If you make any milk fic jokes or references there is a very high chance I will delete your comment, mute and/or block you. ]

He blinked.

"Mona..?" he stared, eyes wide. I stared at him.

"Hi Brendon.."

**

2005

"Miss?" a voice interrupted my thoughts. I blinked and looked up at my history teacher, Mr. Krane. "Get to work." he grumbled, gesturing to the assignment he had written on the board. I nodded and opened my notebook, getting to work. I couldn't help but daydream about prom. But, of course, I didn't have a date. Being single sucks.

The bell rang and I shoved my notebook into my bag, scurrying into the hallway. People were clustered into the small corridor. I navigated through, the crowd gradually got less cramped as everyone got to class. It was fifth period, I had a spare. Debating whether or not to go home, I realized I don't have a ride so I went to sit in the library.

I continued to work on my history homework, when I heard the door open. Almost no one comes in the library during fifth.. I looked up to see a boy, probably a senior like me, with brown hair covering his forehead, with dark eyes the same as his hair walk in, scanning his surroundings. Must be new, I thought. He hesitantly walked to a table and sat down before flipping a book open and diving right in. Realizing I was staring, I turned back to my homework. Out of the corner of my eye, I could see he was now staring. A smile crept onto my lips.

After a few minutes, I noticed he had gotten up. He walked towards me, and sat in front of me.

"Hi." he said, arms crossed on the table.

"Hi?" I said, moving a hair out of my face.

"I'm Brendon." he smiled, flashing his gorgeously white and perfect teeth.

"Mona." I replied.

"That's a pretty name."

"Thanks.." I returned a smile. "Are you new?"

"Yep. Just moved here from Palo Verde." he began tapping his hands on the table.

"Ah." I looked at his hands, I was intrigued by how quickly he moved them. "You should be a drummer. You've got a cool beat going there." I suggested.

He smiled, "Beat ya' to it. I've drummed for about two years now." I nodded,

"Well, one step ahead, aren't you?" I smirked. He chuckled.

"So. Do you wanna hang out some time?" he asked, his hands stopped tapping. I smiled, thinking about it for a second.

"Sure. What's your phone number?" I asked, pulling out my cell phone. He told me his number as I entered it in my phone and he did the same.

The bell rang, and we both stood up in unison.

"I'll text you." he winked.

"See ya." I said, walking out the back exit to get to my bus faster.

**

My phone buzzed while I was on YouTube, looking at cat videos. Not much variety since it was a brand new website.

Brendon: Hey.

Me: Hi.

Brendon: Do you wanna go out for dinner with me tomorrow?

Me: Sure, 7 good?

Brendon: Perfect. Meet me at the school.

Me: Okay!

Oh my god. I thought to myself, I might actually have a date for prom.. I smiled excitedly.

**

It was 5:50, so I decided I needed to get ready for my date.. thing.. tonight. I got dressed and did my makeup. I finished early so I turned on the TV and watched The Ellen Show until it was close to 7. My alarm went off and I threw on my shoes, locked the door and walked to the school.

I saw Brendon leaning against a tree and he smiled when he noticed me. He walked over to me, and looked at me in the eyes. His brown eyes glittered from the street lights.

"Hi. You look nice." he laughed nervously.

"Thank you. You do too." I complimented. He smiled and linked his arm in mine. He walked me to his car.

"So, where are we going?" I asked. He smirked,

"Its a surprise."

/A-N/

/Thanks for reading! Chapter 2 will be out soon. Love ya! xoxo/