Struggles of a Borrower (Part 1)

Start from the beginning

"I found this uh... What... Tiny human or something?" He cowered in the center of the human's palm, shivering violently in terror. Please leave me alone please leave me alone please leave me alone...' He repeated over and over in his mind.

"Can I see?" The surface under him suddenly tilted, and Adam found himself tumbling, quickly landing on another soft hand. He shuddered and slowly opened his eyes, finding himself staring at a human with thick brown hair and dark brown eyes. He stared for a few more seconds before shivering and quickly attempting to get away again, but when he was stopped this time it was in a much gentler way. He uttered a noise of panic as he was picked up in a gentle and secure grip, and he glanced at the other two humans before shuddering and ducking away from their sight.

"You can keep it if you want Ty," Alex-- Adam guessed-- offered. "I don't really want it."

"What about you Martin?" Ty offered, not taking his eyes off of Adam.

"Mnah I'm good," was all the foreign human said with a shrug. "Besides we gotta get to lunch!" Both humans quickly took off to buy their lunches, leaving Ty to suck in a deep breath before looking down at Adam. Adam had squeezed his eyes shut while vibrating with fear, bracing himself for the human to just squish him or get it over with. His heart was pounding so hard in his chest he was sure the human could hear it.

He flinched sharply when he felt a petting sensation on the top of his hair, and he shuddered before slowly opening his eyes to see that the late-teens human was gently fondling his hair. He whimpered and shrank down even more, earning a frown of confusion. Then when the bell rang, Ty glanced up before enclosing his hand fully over the terrified borrower, starting to walk. Adam didn't like how each step jolted him slightly, and he didn't like the seemingly deadly and suffocating grip, but he did relax a little at the warm his surroundings now gave off.

"Hey Alex, you gotta uh... Empty container or something?"

"Yeah right here why?" Adam squeaked in protest when the grip on his slackened, and he was picked up by his waist before being set down in a small plastic container. He widened his eyes and immediately sprang up, hearing the humans go "Whoa!" in surprise as he landed on the table. His eyes quickly made out his surroundings a brief instant.

He was in a cafeteria, filled with several humans that were chattering loudly to each other, laughing and eating. He was reminded painfully of his hunger, but he didn't have time to dwell on it when he noticed Martin making to grab him. He meeped fearfully and darted away, avoiding Alex's hand before he made a decision, and ducked into Ty's jacket sleeve.

"Whoa whoa whoa- hipe!" Ty yelped, squirming at the ticklish sensation running up his arm.

"Relax! Maybe it can smell fear!" Martin tried to assure. Adam shivered, pressing against the human's arm while shaking violently. Then the warmth got to him, and he finally relaxed, ignoring his instinct as he nuzzled Ty.

"I-it's... It's nuzzling me." Ty said in a confused tone.

"But we don't know what it is, it could be making ready to bite you," Alex warned. Ty shivered before reaching up his jacket sleeve and groping for the borrower. He immediately shrank back in response, but couldn't move much farther, so he was forced to give in and let the human pull him out.

"See? It's harmless," Ty replied, cradling the tiny borrower in his hands. Adam shivered at the sudden change in temperature, hugging himself. After a few seconds of frowning in concern, Ty realized that he was cold when he let out a weak cough, so he hesitantly and cautiously held Adam to his chest. Adam immediately shuddered, flinching back in fear before relaxing and resting against the human. Ty's breathing had gone quicker as he felt the Borrower's quivers, as well as his heartbeat.