Struggles of a Borrower (Part 1)

First thing's first, this is to make up for the past (and future) lack of updates, I'm just really busy, and I'm sorry, I just feel like I can't apologize enough XS

anyways, this is divided into two parts because my phone can't handle it being so long X'D part 2 will definitely come sooner or later, as will updates for my other works

(EXTREMELY LONG SO GRAB SOME COFFEE XD)

It had been seven days since Adam had had to flee his home, hardly one day since he had found a huge building called a school, and it had been only one hour before he realized that the place was about to be flooded with young humans.

He had just collected the last bit of evidence of his existence when he heard the doors be opened for some adult humans that arrived one after the other over time. Panicking, Adam darted out of the hallway and cowered behind the door, waiting for the humans to pass. What was so wrong with humans for him?

Well the main reason was because he was a borrower. Humans were pretty ruthless, they would probably consider him a rodent; a pest meant to be eliminated. So he had spent his whole life trying to survive without getting caught, poisoned, beaten, squished, or even eaten.

A bell ringing caught his attention, and he peeked out of the hall only to be met with a terrifying sight. What seemed like millions of teenage humans were flooding the halls, chattering loudly and messing around with each other noisily. Teenagers were the worst! They never had any sympathy, and if they ever got their hands on a borrower they'd probably torture them!

Adam's heart leaped in his throat when he realized his hiding place was becoming vulnerable, and he shrank back just before the door flew open, startling him and making him run in the corner and press his hands over his ears at the noise. He waited a while before he finally heard the omniscient bell sound off again, and he sighed quietly in relief, only to realize that the room now had students in the once empty desks. His heart skipped a beat at the vast amount of them, and he glanced around wildly before staying still to not draw attention.

He remained still for the entire class period before the bell finally rang, and his shoulders slumped in relief. 'How many more do I have to deal with!?' He thought in dismay when the students left, and more came. He ended up having to deal with it about 2 more times, then finally the humans started chattering about what they were going to do at the end of the day, as well as what they brought for lunch. Poor Adam was stiff from remaining so still, and he was even more hungry than before. Then when the bell rang, he quickly ducked under the door and scampered away, trying to find a better place to hide.

"Oh what's that?" His blood froze when a shadow stretched over him, and before he could respond, he was plucked up in a cruel grip. He squeaked in protest and thrashed desperately, trying to escape. "Wow, what kind of bug are you?" 'I'm not a bug!' Adam screamed in his mind. But he was too terrified to speak.

"Hey Alex! What's that?" He was vibrating in fear as he heard another human, and this one had an accent.

"I don't know, but it's definitely alive! It's moving a lot." Light flooded his containment, and he flinched.

"Whoa... That's so cool! It actually looks human," the one with the accent complimented. Adam squinted before he could finally see, and he was met with a sight that made him freeze. The humans were towering over him, even though he was being held in the first one's hand.

"Hey Alex, Martin, whatcha looking at?" 'Another one!?' Adam tried to obey his instinct to flee, but he was sharply blocked off, making him fall on his back with an "oof!"