Innocent Till Proven Guilty(Officer Lenox)

I'm back at the department working on the Leslie Shay case. Something is pretty fishy with this case. Donny seems hooked on the idea of booking the paramedic, I've never seen him this crazy about arresting someone. 

"Hey Donny, where were you last night? I thought we were gonna go out for drinks?" I ask as soon as Donny joins me in the patrol car. 

"Sorry, Lenny. I had some business to take care of, how about tonight? On me." Donny says turning up the heat in the car. 

My concern is growing higher by every word that's coming of Donny's mouth. Yesterday was Thursday. We always meet at the bar to have drinks and watch the game. I know for a fact he wasn't at his house, so where was he?

"Deal." I say. 

Before any more words can be spoken my cellphone rings. I reach into my pocket and grab it.

"Officer Lenox." I answer. 

"Hi, Officer Lenox. Um, it's Doctor Bridgette Fisher from the hospital a couple of days back. You told me to call you when my patient was awake and responsive. I've called to alert you he is, but I'd like it when you question him you do it in a friendly matter. He just woke up and I don't need him to be back in the OR." Doctor Bridgette says. 

"Yes, that's great news. My partner and I will be arriving soon. Thank you for the call, Doctor Fisher." I say. 

"No problem, and please call me Bridgette." Bridgette says. 

"Yes, mam. See you soon, Bridgette." I say with a wide smile.

I hang up the phone and turn to Donny. 

"Our victim from a couple days go has woken up. Call Leslie Shay to meet us at the hospital." I say. 

Donny has a surprise look on his face and grabs his phone. 

"Yeah, I'll get in contact." Donny says.