Winged Bird

A/N
This is sort of a one shot/ first chapter.. I never really gave it much thought but I found it the other day and then started doodling it...I didn't finish the doodle but I can show it to you (the completed version will be in my doodles when I'm done) anyways, enjoy another crappy idea XD
~ringleader_Robin
--------

"Jay, I think I found him!" Drake spoke urgently over the radio communicator, staring down at a warehouse. "Near the port on the east side there is a warehouse, has Joker written all over it."

"I'm on my way, don't do anything until I get there, I mean it Tim." Jason rushed to his bike pacing quickly across the bat cave at record speed. They found Dick.

" I am coming too." Damian spoke up, following after Jason. It was his fault that Dick got captured in the first place, and it was his turn to repent for the trouble he caused. " And I refuse to take any words of rejection on the matter."

Jason looked back and sighed a little returning to his communicator " Brat is coming along too."

" Tell him no, we have this. He is going to screw things up again."

"We don't have time to argue this, he's coming along." Jason barked before looking at Damian " get on back, let's hurry up!" The second Damian got on the back of his motorcycle, Jason sped off to the port. They finally found Nightwing, it has been two months and he regretted every day how long it took for them to find their lost bird. Who knows what Joker has done to him or if he is even alive. Jason shook his head..no..he is alive. He could not think like that. There is no way Dick would allow himself to die. They reached where Tim was. " we are here."

Tim jumped down from the roof where he was observing the warehouse. " let's hurry up and get Dick. Be careful."

"Careful is my middle name." Jason smirked before running off. " report in if you find him."

It was Tim who found Grayson first, it a dark cage unmoving. Panic swelled inside of him, fearing the worst that they were too late. "D...Dick...?" He inched closer to the cage, relieved to hear some shuffling from the corner.

" Stay back!" A voice hissed as he tried to take another step closer. Fear evident in the heroes voice. " Didn't you do enough? Stay back you sick bastard or I will rip your throat out!"

Tim's eyes widened, he never heard Dick speak like that before. He was usually calm and chipper. " Dick..it's me..Tim..."

" You don't fool me!" More shuffling could be heard. Tim could not see Grayson who was huddled in the corner, all he could see was a dark figure moving every now and then to stay out of sight.

"Jay, I found him..but he is not in his right mind." Tim spoke softly in the communicator.

Jason stopped in his tracks when he heard those words. What did he mean not in his right mind? "..joker venom?" He cautiously asked.

" I don't think so..he sounds terrified..he doesn't recognize me."

Jason's heart sank a bit, Joker must have broken Dick. What did that clown do to him?" I'm on my way." Jason rushed through the hallways, Damian at his heels. By the time he reached Tim, there was shouting from a familiar voice.

" I said stay back!" Dick screamed at, more shuffling from inside the cage, something floating down to near the gate that fought Damian's eye.

Damian slowly reached in and grabbed it, ignoring the threats, pulling the object closer to his face to examine it better. It was soft and there was no mistaking what it was—a feather. Damian looked back at the figure, no noticing how oddly shaped it was. What did they do to him? Damian quickly shoved the others away and picked the lock, swinging the gate open. " Grayson come out, we are here to rescue you so I demand you to get out of that corner!"

There was a brief silence before more shuffling could be heard."...Dami...?"

Damian scowled at the often used nickname, but then relaxed. " yeah it's me. Grayson, what did they do–" his words caught in his throat as he got the first real glimpse of his brother. What did they do?!

Dick Grayson was covered in cuts and patches of dried blood, but that was not what worried them.a large cluster of blood-matted feathers extended out of his back, and they moved when he did. "...Y..you came back for me." When the bundle of feathers unfolded as he talked, he winced in agony, his breath hitching for a few seconds. "...Joker..found some new buddies...twisted like him..."

Jason eyed dick for a moment before walking over to help his brother stand, glaring at the sloppy stitch work done on Dick's shoulder blades. There was an obvious infection from lack of cleaning, but the mending and fusing of bones..it was twisted..but amazingly done.

A laugh echoed through the hallways, dark and insane. " what's a bird without wings?"