Chapter 12

The first thing Dan wonders when he wakes up isn't why am I naked in bed with a boy I hate? No, he doesn't have time to think that. Because the first thing he feels is the need to throw up, and he doesn't waste a moment before his head is in the toilet bowl.

He's only there for a few minutes before Phil comes in and leans on the unclosed door, a cup of water in his hand. He's wearing no shirt, but his skinny jeans are back on. His hair is messed up and there are bags under his eyes.

Dan finally takes a moment to process what's happened. He remembers the stickiness of the bed, and finally comes to the fact that he's naked as well.

Phil smiles nervously, looking almost afraid to come any closer to Dan. He holds the cup out to Dan. "Water?"

Dan clenches his teeth, taking a deep breath before standing up. He takes the cup from Phil's hand angrily, drinking only a sip before putting it back down on the counter. He checks himself in the mirror and finds definite hickeys, left by the one and only. He smooths his now-wavy hair out with his hand, not caring that Phil was still watching him.

"You're an asshole," is the one thing Dan says at first, not turning to look at Phil. "I hate you. I hate you so much."

"Dan, calm down," Phil assures.

And Dan doesn't. Instead, he heads back to his bedroom, sighing and letting himself fall flat on the bed. He can still feel what's on the bed, and he wishes he couldn't.

"I'm not going to calm down. What the fuck did we do?" Dan asks, his voice getting louder progressively. His head hurts, and he barely feels in control of anything he's doing. He plays with his fingers nervously, trying to distract himself to no avail.

"It's not as bad as you think," Phil sighs, sitting on the edge of the bed next to Dan.

"It's pretty obvious what we did," Dan says quickly. "I hate you."

"First of all, put some clothes on. That's distracting," Phil says. Dan sighs and puts on his boxers, but doesn't bother putting on jeans, and leaves his shirt unbuttoned.

"You won your bet," Dan spits out, looking anywhere but at Phil. "You won your damn bet, are you happy now?" His voice is getting louder progressively, and he doesn't bother trying to control it. "Are you fucking done talking to me yet? You get me drunk, fuck me, and win a bet. Congratulations, you got what you wanted."

"No," Phil says calmly. He positions himself and lays down next to Dan. "No, Dan, let me explain."

Phil hasn't called him 'Baby Boy' or 'Pretty Boy' or anything of the sort, so Dan figures maybe he should let Phil speak for once.

"I didn't win the bet."

Dan just stares for a minute, almost letting out a bitter laugh. "That would explain why we were naked in a bed with something sticky."

"No, you still came," Phil says, blushing a bit after hearing himself say it. "So did I. I still didn't win the bet."

"What the fuck are you talking about?" Dan asks. His head hurts, and he isn't in the mood to say much. "Tell me exactly what happened."

"Fine. Exactly what happened. Well, maybe it's my fault for taking a little lightweight boy to drink, but still. You were the one that came on to me, you started making out with me. I was drunk, and probably too drunk to stop you."

"You wouldn't have stopped me sober," Dan interrupts, but lets Phil continue.

"That's true, but afterwards you wanted to go home. And, yeah, we were making out on the bed, all that stuff. You got hard and I knew it wouldn't be a good idea to fuck. I knew you'd be mad at me either way but figured 'hey, maybe this way he won't completely murder me for this.'" Phil pauses for a second. "I gave you a blowjob, basically, because I knew you wouldn't stop till you got what you wanted. And I didn't make you give me a handjob either, that was what you wanted."