Chapter 2

a/n: why do i suck at writing so much.

-

Until Tuesday, Dan is fine. Phil doesn't bother too much with him, though Dan does catch Phil staring at him once or twice. He brushes it off like it's nothing, because it doesn't bother Dan too much. He knows that's probably what Phil does to everyone he knows, and it's nothing too important.

Plus, Phil doesn't even show up for two days that week. After the first week of school, Phil has already decided to skip two days out of five. Dan feels that it's absolutely ridiculous, but it's also none of his business, so he doesn't do anything about it. As long as this isn't going to affect his project grade, he's fine with it.

Still, he notices Phil. Notices Phil wink at him once in the hallway, and eye him up and down with a bit lip several times. Dan isn't sure how he feels about it. He keeps trying to ignore it, pretend he doesn't see the glances Phil gives him and pretends his mind doesn't keep repeating the way Phil had called him 'baby boy.'

And until Tuesday, he does somehow manage to brush it off a bit. At least enough to not let it affect his studies.

Tuesday arrives quicker than Dan wants it to, it all goes downhill from there.

-

Phil arrives at Dan's house, at the address Dan had given him days prior, only five minutes past eight.

"Hey," Dan greets him, trying not to show any emotion whatsoever, letting Phil inside.

"You live in my neighbourhood," Phil remarks immediately.

Dan has to stop himself from physically rolling his eyes. "I've lived here for my entire life. We're the only two kids from our school on this street. Did you never know I lived this near you?"

"You knew? You never talked to me," Phil shrugs, letting himself in and looking back at Dan as he closes the door.

"Why would I talk to you?"

"Why not?" Phil asked.

Dan thinks about how to phrase the sentence for a second, because the real reason lies in the fact that they're completely different in social statuses. "I've never had any reason to talk to you."

Phil shrugs, deciding that answer was good enough. He sits himself on the couch, motioning for Dan to come sit down beside him. "You've got a nice house. Are your parents out?"

"My parents are out a lot. Business stuff. And I've outgrown having a babysitter now," Dan replies. "But anyways, we've got a project to finish."

He turns to Phil, but Phil's staring at him once again. Not just looking at him like regular human beings did, but actually eyeing as though they weren't just here for a project. To Dan, it's distracting, to say the least. He could feel his face turn a shade redder.

"Why do you keep doing that?" Dan blurts out, turning redder. He stands up to get his backpack, but it's really just an excuse to hide how red he was. He doesn't want Phil to see, because he's pretty sure it's another thing Phil can tease him about.

"Doing what?" Phil asks.

Even turned around, Dan can make the assumption Phil is staring at him. "You know. Looking at me like that."

Phil shrugs coolly as though Dan could see him doing so, but Dan was bent over rummaging through his backpack for papers. "You've got a nice body," he stated, watching Dan. "And a nice ass."

Dan nearly chokes on air, picking up the paper and turning around, nearly red by now. "Excuse me?"

Phil shrugs once again, moving over so Dan can sit down beside him. When he smirks, Dan nearly wants to slap the smirk off his face. "It was a compliment, Baby Boy."