Chapter 5

I look at the clock hanging above the grey stonework fireplace in the lounge, get up and peek through the beige blinds one more time. It has to be the twentieth time I’ve done that in the past hour. It’s now 12:05PM and I am still mentally debating whether or not it’s too early to call Aiden, or maybe I should text him. I can’t believe I’m acting like I’ve never done this before. I see a flicker of movement from the drive next-door and I rush to the window to check if Aiden was coming by, unfortunately it is only Eileen getting into her car. Obviously she’s going to work now which means Aiden must be alone. Images of him and I alone in his room send shivers through me. I run upstairs to my all black bedroom and check my appearance in the mirror one more time. Grey skinny jeans, pink baggy jumper and black ballet flats with a big chunky black necklace; that’ll do.

I knock on Eileen’s door again and step back. To my surprise Cassandra opens the door, she glares at me and walks out leaving the door open. I take this opportunity to enter the house. Lots of questions are floating around in my mind but I push them aside; Aiden and I aren’t even a couple nor have we known each other for 2 days. I can’t stake some sort of freakish claim on him if I don’t even know if my feelings are reciprocated by him and I don’t know if I actually like him. I could just be forcing myself to think I am because I found out about Adam and his new toy.

“Hi Arissa I thought you were going to ring? Couldn’t resist seeing me in person could you?” he asks with a boyish smirk on his flawless face, his greyish blue eyes are twinkling with mischief. 

“You’re a sight for sore eyes actually so, in return to your question no I was not salivating over you in my house nor do I care about seeing you in person, you asked me to call on you today. That reminds me, why was your lovely, well-mannered ex-girlfriend here if you wanted to avoid her so badly yesterday you intruded upon a dinner between two best friends?” I ask with the same amount of mischief but the difference between Aiden and I is that I truly want to know why Cassandra was here.

Aiden sits down on the radiator and I stare at him in disbelief. As if he hasn’t burnt his ass yet, I remember attempting to sit on the radiator and burnt my butt so badly it stung for a couple of hours. “You’ll burn your ass mate, you may want to get up.” I share my worry with him; however he doesn’t seem to care as he shrugs his shoulders and continues to look at me. He beckons me forward with his index finger and I move a step closer and he repeats his action as do I until there is no space between us. Just the air particles that can squeeze through our bodies that seems to be moulded together. He takes a hold of my hand and moves it down, I can’t concentrate though, his eyes are so mesmerising. My hands are placed on something hot and I am pulled out of my trance.

Ouch. I look down and my hands are placed on his ass and he’s looking down at me with a smirk on his face. “Told you, I’m too hot to resist and you just proved my point.” He laughs and gets up walking into the kitchen.

“Oh please get over yourself, I don’t know how that happened but I didn’t willingly do that therefore it doesn’t count. So you didn’t answer my question about Cassandra…” I retort again rolling my eyes at him.

“You jealous?” he asks.

“Clearly not, I only met you yesterday. I don’t care about your love life or sex life or who you bloody well date.” The venom in my voice is clear and it would be obvious to a child in nappies how jealous I am.  

“Well since you did practically beg me to tell you, I guess it's only fair I do. She came over to give me some of my stuff from her place. That’s all so calm your tits. Even if you say you aren’t jealous I know you are.” His smile is apparent whilst he is saying this and he even has the cheek to wink at me at the end.