Chapter 1

I sit up, rubbing my eyes groggily in bed, push my black navel length hair behind my shoulders and yawn. I gaze to the right side of my room to see my black wallpaper with specks of white on it from the light being shone in through the blinds. My alarm goes off again and I slam the snooze button.

“Arissa, you need to be up and out of bed, your bus leaves in 30 minutes and you still need to have breakfast and get ready” I hear my mother scream. I roll my eyes and drag myself to my bathroom to the left of me. Once I’m out I open my wardrobe for an outfit; a tight black skirt, grey tights, black flats and a grey jumper with the word ‘BITCH’ in bold letters on it. I head to my silver dressing table and start applying make-up, a light coat of foundation, a little mascara, eyeliner and a tad bit of highlighter. Grabbing all the necessities for the day, which include my literature and social politics books, phone, purse and bag I head downstairs.

“Hey mum, I’m going to grab breakfast in school, see you later” I give her a kiss on the cheek and run out the porch door. Looking at the abysmal weather and realising I live in England, where the weather is always atrocious I run back in to grab my coat. I head to the bus stop and wait for it to pull over, take my earphones out and play some music extremely loudly so no one bothers to start a conversation with me.

I look at the time on my phone, since it is only 8.05 I head to the cafeteria to buy myself some hot chocolate and toast. I head back to the common room and slump down into a chair in the corner whilst munching on my toast and waiting for my friends. I look up to see Alisha walking towards me. “Hey babe, how was your weekend?” I ask her.

“Perfect to be quite honest, I did nothing except go to work on Sunday morning and then the rest of the weekend I shared a very intimate relationship with my bed.” she laughed, her brown hair framing her pale oval shaped face and her grey eyes wrinkled at the sides with laughter.

  “We should totally start getting to class, we don’t want Mr Fitz to bitch at us for being late again, you know he doesn’t like us as it is.” I say whilst linking my arm through hers.

“Yeah yeah, he’s a complete dick anyway; we’ve done nothing wrong he’s just rude and old.” I listen to her whine, I don’t mind though, because she’s right. Our teacher simply hates us, for no apparent reason. Well, there is a reason-we just have the balls to stand up to him unlike everyone else. Walking into class 10 minute late does us no favours. We head to the front of the class and sit down-yes I said ‘front’ of the class, just because we don’t like the guy doesn’t mean we won’t sit at the front. I sit down next to Alisha, and shove my earphones in ignoring his piercing glare. I hear Alisha’s stomach rumble and I laugh out loud causing the entire class to turn towards us. I stare back blankly.

The bell goes just in time, before Fitz was going to say something and I grab my coat and bag along with Alisha and head out not waiting for him to dismiss us. We head back to the common room and sit at our usual table waiting for the rest of our friends. “Oh my gosh do you know that Adam has a new girlfriend, I don’t know who she is but he tweeted something about finding someone better” I say to Alisha.

“What no way, it’s only been 3 weeks since he said you found him cheating, is he seriously all up another girls ass already, one day he’s going to learn you were the best he could have had” she replies with anger. I smile and rest my head on her shoulder as the rest of the group approaches us. I may as well give you the information on my friends. Firstly there’s Alisha, my best friend, she’s upfront, gorgeous and honest. Then there’s  Nareesha, she used to be my best mate but she’s sly and rude and stuck up but she’s pretty too; I tolerate her because unlike her I’m not rude and I don’t like making people feel unwanted. Thirdly there’s Serena, she’s quite short and has amazingly long red hair. Then finally there’s Rosie; she’s gorgeous, she has a tanned complexion and amazing blonde hair and blue eyes, and she’s probably the most down to Earth girl I know. If Hitler were alive he’d definitely want her to live.

“Guys I’m off home early today, I have one more lesson that only lasts 1 hour, so I won’t see you guys before lunch” I say, interrupting their pointless banter. I glance to the side of me and see Alisha giving me evil eyes for even considering leaving her in school alone. I snigger under my breath.

“Yeah me too guys” I hear Alisha pipe up.

“What? You’re both going home?” I hear Rosie complain.

“Well I definitely am, I don’t know about Alisha, see you guys tomorrow.” I run off to my next lesson before I can hear any more of their complaints. Social politics is probably one of my favourite subjects so with that in mind, I turn my phone off before heading into class so I can actually concentrate.

I hear the bell go and it pulls me out of my daze. I am never staying up late on a school night again. I say bye to my teacher and head out the nearest exit. I approach the bus stop and see the next bus is in an hour. Because I simply don’t have the patience to wait that long I start walking home, it will probably only take me 30 minutes anyway. I let my feet carry me all the way down my little street, I can feel myself sweating ; I see my house approaching so I quicken my pace.

I hear a car behind me and turn around. A black Nissan Murano with tinted windows pulls over in the drive next to mine. I search around in my bag for the house keys whilst peering over my shoulder to see a tall, white boy, who looked like he was around 19, step out the car and head into the house next door. ‘He is absolutely gorgeous’ is the only thing I’m thinking. I curse aloud when I realise my keys aren’t in my bag. I turn my phone on to text my mum, but instead I have a text from her. ‘You left your keys again, I’ve left them next door at Eileen’s, I’ll be a little late tonight so Eileen said you could go round to hers for dinner. See you later babe.’ I roll my eyes and head next door. I knock twice and wait for someone to open the door. I hear the door open and I look up and my eyes meet with the gorgeous boy’s that pulled up a few minutes ago. ‘Don’t fall apart and act normal’ I hear myself say in my mind.

“Errm Hi, is Eileen in? She has my house keys.” I say.

“Hi, yeah she is, come on in. I’ll ask her for them.” He replies with a smile on his face. Gosh I think I may just fall apart. I walk forward, and forget about the step in front of me and trip. I look up to see gorgeous boy with his hand out.

“Need a hand?” he asks with a smirk on his face.

“Errm no I’m fine.” I brush myself down and walk further into the house to see Eileen with my keys.

“Are you eating here today honey? I can cook you something vegetarian since I know we don’t eat the same meat.” She asks with a smile on her aging face.

“No, thanks for the offer but I think I’ll go see Alisha in a bit, maybe go out tonight since we don’t have school tomorrow.” I answer.

“Ohh well, if you need anything don’t hesitate to ask, and since your friend lives at least 20 minutes away on foot, my nephew Aiden can drive you there, it’ll only take you 5 minutes if you go in his car.” She offers. I glance at him and he has a smile on his face, he pushes his blonde hair out of his eyes to reveal his amazing blue eyes.

“If that isn’t a problem then I’d appreciate that, thank you.” I whisper, my voice suddenly turning coarse. I clear my throat and hear Aiden smile and nod his head at my answer.

“Come by here, when you need that lift, I’ll see you out.” he says. I follow behind him and make my way out the door; I wave a goodbye and run to my house. The only thought in my head is ‘I need to find something super-hot to wear tonight’.