12. The 18th Birthday

* Emma’s POV *

I was cuddling with Niall in the loveseat and everyone was looking at me. I looked at everybody with a questioning look with my head still buried in Niall’s shoulder. Harry was starring at Niall, Louis and Eleanor was looking at Niall’s back, and Liam and Hanna were both starring at me.

“What?!?” I pulled away from Niall’s shoulder and looked at everybody. I was really annoyed.

“Nothing… it’s just that… it doesn’t look like regular scratches,” Louis said and looked at me. I sighed and got up. I turned my heel and walked towards the backyard. I opened the glass door and closed it behind me. I just felt like screaming.

I felt that my phone was vibrating in my pocket. I looked at the screen and I saw that it was my ex, Jason. I pressed ignore and I just wanted to throw my phone away, but I can’t do that so I took off the hard case and threw it away. I have to admit that I have anger issues and this wasn’t really a thing to get mad at… but when I saw that Jason called I just felt like screaming or hit on something hard.

“Emma you okay?” I turned around to face the concerned Niall.

“Yeah, I’m fine.” I smiled but my voice cracked and I didn’t even know I was crying until Niall wiped away a tear from my chin.

“I don’t believe you!” he pulled me into a hug.

“I have to go get my hard case to my phone!” I backed away and kissed him before I left him standing there. “Are you going to help me or just stand there like a lost puppy?” I smiled at him and he ran over to me. He walked behind me and after a moment he wrapped his arms around my waist and spun me around.

“AHHHH! NIALL!! Stop!” I chuckled but he didn’t put me down. My legs were dangling in the air because he stopped spinning. I was just hanging there in the air with his arms wrapped around my waist. He finally put me down after wagging me for a bit. I tried to me mad at him but he gave me his puppy eyes and I just smiled at him and took his hand. He smiled back and tangled our fingers together.

“YES!!” I bent down and picked up my hard case to my iPhone 5.

“Nice image on the case!” he took my case and looked at it. I smiled at him and blushed a little.

“Yeah? I got it from Louis as a birthday present.” I looked up at him and looked him in his blue eyes.

“When did he give it to you?” he gave me the hard case and I put it on my phone.

“About dinner time yesterday?”

* Flashback *

I heard a knock on the door but I was too tired to get out of bed.

“Come on in!” I yelled with my raspy and tired voice.

“Hey… Hanna came down and said that you had fallen asleep. I just wanted to check on you. You okay?” he walked in and closed the door after him.

“Yeah, but I really don’t know how I can be tired all the time.” I motioned for him to come and lie with me. He walked over to my bed and lied next to me. I cuddled up in his arms and I could still feel how my eyelids were very heavy but I managed to stay awake.

“It’s probably just because you just moved here from the US.”

“Yeah probably.” I smiled and yawned.

“Hey… Emma?”

“Yeah?”

“I know it’s you birthday tomorrow but can I give you my present now?”