9. The Birthday Morning

I woke up to the sound of a playing guitar. I peeked and tried not to show that I was awake and I saw that Niall was standing by my door with his guitar, alone. He started to sing the happy birthday song while he was walking slowly towards my bed. I opened my eyes little more so that he could see that I was awake. He was getting closer and closer and I smiled, I was tired but that didn’t stop me from blushing. He smiled back at me with a little blush and he was now standing at the other end of the bed and the song was over.

“Happy birthday beautiful.” He said and reached for something in his back pocket. When he got what he was looking for he handed me a paper. I unfolded it and on the paper it stood, ‘put on some comfy clothes and follow me downstairs I have a surprise for you!’ and a smiley face ‘P.S. be quiet’ I smiled at the note and looked up at Niall but all he did was gesturing me to the bathroom and then put his index finger on his mouth gesturing for me to be quiet.

I went into the bathroom with new and clean clothes and I carefully removed my clothes from the day before because they were full of cupcake frosting. I looked for a towel and I found the one that I used yesterday. “Eh what ever I’m just gonna dry up so my clothes don’t get wet.” I started the shower and dragged out my messy bun and went in the shower. I’m a weird girl because I love cold showers and hate warm showers. When I’m showering in medium heat I can only have it on for four minutes then I have to change it or else it’s to hot for me. When I shower the longest it could take fifteen minutes and when I shower the least it could take eight minutes. I also like to sing in the shower but I didn’t do that now knowing that Niall could hear me.

After I had dried my hair with the towel I just let it fall making it dry faster. I put on my white and black dot push-up bra and my white and black polka dot briefs. I pulled on my jack wills socks and I went to look for my bracelet in my little bag. I found it and my favorite earrings. I put on some mascara and some lip salve. I pulled my number 56 sweater and my soft suit pants, and last but not least I put on some nail polish. I went out from the bathroom and saw that Niall was making my bed for me. polyvore.com/one_direction_infection/set?id=79996761

“Ehm Niall?” I said when he was finished with my bed. He looked me up and down then he smiled and walked over to me and hooked my arm in his and led me out the door. When we were in the middle of the stairs he stopped me.

“Okay so just because it’s a surprise you can’t look so I have to carry you the rest of the way!” he smiled and I sighed at him. He looked at me with puppy eyes and he was pouting in a childish way.

“Fine!” I said and gave in because I couldn’t stand to look at that face. Liam and Hanna are the only people that know that it was my weakness. Did they tell him? In one fast movement I was in his arms –bridal style- and I buried my face on his shoulder so that I couldn’t see anything. It felt like my head fitted perfectly on his shoulder and the way he carried me just felt so right –even though I HATE being carried it felt like heaven. When we got down the staircase he walked a bit longer then he slowly put me down. He was standing close behind me holding his hands on my waist.

“Okay you can’t open your eyes yet but I will lead you to were you’re going.” He said with his lips brushing my ear. I could feel a shiver down my spine and I got this knot in the pit of my stomach. His lips felt so soft and I wanted to know how it felt like to kiss them, to have them pressed against my lips. I pulled those thoughts aside and tried to focus on where I was going but that was impossible, all I could think about was what he had said to me the day before. ‘I really like you Emma’ those were the words that echoed in my head.