Chapter One: I Said Leave Me Alone

Start from the beginning

Maybe it's because something is just plain wrong with me. It's because of that, that I've been bullied for so many years that I'm grown hostile with anyone, everyone. How can you trust anyone when everyone has treated you like a piece of bland gum stuck at the bottom of a shoe your whole life- disgusting, annoying, and unwanted.

The bell rang for fifth period, AP chemistry. I sighed, a great way for people to "accidentally" pour dangerous chemicals on me. Everyone already left the halls as I exchange my books. I'm probably the only one left. Even though I'm late, at least no one would pick on me on the way to chemistry. I headed to class and took a sharp corner to only crash into someone, knocking me to the ground a second time.

I groaned. "Thanks so much."

I looked up and saw I bumped into Bennett Frazier. He's a new transfer student, coming to the school only a few days ago along with two other guys. Transfer students are pretty rare, everyone in school have known each other since middle school, some even all the way to elementary school. When he bumped into me, he was startled with his blue eyes widening in surprise, but then put on a blank face when he saw it was me.

"Sorry. I didn't see you there," he told me in a blank tone, making me suspect he was being sarcastic.

I glared at him. "Sure you didn't."

Bennett blinked. "No really-"

"You know, just because people pretend I'm invisible, doesn't mean I'm going to act like it."

He recoiled. "Wait I-"

"And just so you would know," I continued. "Just because you have a higher social status than I do, doesn't mean that you can just walk over me."

"I don't even know what you're-"

I cut him off. "Whatever," I snapped. "I'm already late to class because of you."

I quickly got up from the ground, the second time I had to today. I bent down to pick up my binder, and he reached down to do the same.

"Here, let me-"

I grabbed my binder before he could and glared at him. "I didn't ask for you help," I snapped, making him flinch at my harsh voice.

I quickly got up to my feet then shoved past him for good measure before walking away.

Quite a good first impression, don't you think?

You'd probably think why I'm so hostile to someone I just met. No, maybe I should've given him a chance and he'd be really nice to me, be my friend, just to lead me on and bully me like the rest of them. One too many times I fell for the joke for people with nothing better to do than mess with someone and "pretend" to be their friend. So instead of watching as he picked up my binder for me and then throw it behind his shoulder to then watch all of it's contents scatter into the air, I'd want to go to class, thank you very much.

I arrived to class which was in chaos. Kids were out of their seats, talking as loud as they can, using their phones, chewing gum to then just stick it under the table or on my seat. When I came in, they all ignored me. Thankful for this, I sat down on my seat. My lab partner groaned at the sight of me.

"Right back at you," I growled at him.

Mr. Ford, my AP chemistry teacher cleared his throat, though it was useless since everyone continued to talk. But despite the fact, he talked. "Class, we'll be having a seat change. You don't have to sit alphabetical order anymore. But I'll be choosing your partners which you'll be going to have for the rest of the year."

Some kids cheered, and some groaned at the sudden thought of having to sit next to me. My lab partner pumped his fist into the air.

"Freedom baby!"