Foundation Tips

Okay, so I know that there are setting powders and sprays for setting foundation. I've used both, and they work pretty well. (I'll tell you about my favorite products in a later chapter.)
But if you're super oily like me, then after a few hours you can see the oil coming through the foundation, and that can be frustrating after all the time spent to make it look nice.
So I will share with you a couple of the ways I've found to stop that from happening, and it will also help your foundation stay on longer.

#1. Powder your face first. I know, I know; It seems very backwards, but trust me: it really works! Before applying your liquid foundation, apply a thin layer of powder foundation that closely matches your skin tone. (It doesn't have to be perfectly even since you'll be putting the liquid on top.) Then just apply your liquid foundation over the powder. The powder will help the liquid to dry and set faster so you don't have to wait for it to dry before doing anything else. You'll also use a LOT less liquid foundation!

#2. Use milk of magnesia as a face primer. This actually works a lot better than the first method I think, but it takes a bit longer to do.
Before applying liquid foundation, use a makeup sponge to apply a very very thin layer of milk of magnesia. You don't want it too thick, because then it'll turn white once it's dry. You want it to stay clear.
This not only helps with keeping oil out of your makeup, it also helps to cover up pores for a much smoother look. I will warn you though; it does feel quite strange as it dries. It'll feel kind of tight, but after you move your face around a bit, it should go away.
I learned both of these tips from Wayne Goss (gossmakeupartist) on YouTube. I love him! He is an amazing makeup artist, and most of the techniques I that I use I learned from him.

Okay, that's all for this chapter. I'll probably have more foundation tips in the future though. If you have any you'd like to share, leave them in the comments! And I'll see you in the next chapter! 😘