Do the Dew

"Alright Camila, now just make sure when you get to the end of the bridge, you really hit that accent note."

I was currently standing in what I called my second home, the studio, recording a new album with the love of my life...and some old friends.

"CHANCHO YOU GOT THIS!" I heard Dinah shout from outside the booth, causing me to jump as her voice reverberated through my headphones, almost busting my eardrums.

"Jesus fucking Christ DJ, chill out," Another much softer, raspier voice took her place. Of course that voice belonging to none other than my beautiful wife Lauren. "Go on Camz, you got this. One more take." I nodded back at her before the track started up again.

After finally hitting every note, I sauntered out of the booth, brushing fake dirt off my shoulder as I walked into the room where my wife and 3 bandmates sat.

"And that is how it's done ladies." I jested, flipping my hair over my shoulder.

"Mila...honey...it took you 10 takes to get that last note. You ain't no queen Bey." Normani spoke up as she walked over to me and playfully jabbed me in the ribs.

"Honestly Chancho, I'm surprised you could hit any of those notes still, what with all the screaming you probably do at home." Dinah winked playfully at me as my jaw hit the floor at her insinuation.

"DINAAAH!" Lauren shouted jumping on the Polynesian's lap. "You're completely right, I was surprised too!" Are you fucking kidding me Jauregui? I thought to myself as I watched my wife high five my best friend.

"Okay girls, enough goofing off," Rick, our producer spoke up, turning to face us, "Lauren you're up next. Let's hear that smoke missy." He grinned, referring to the sexiness that was my wife's singing voice. God it was such a great idea to do a little reunion album and possibly tour with these girls. I had missed this so much. Well maybe not Dinah's constant sex jokes, but still.

My thoughts were interrupted by my phone buzzing in my pocket so I quickly excused myself to answer it, mentally huffing as I was most likely going to miss Lauren sing.

"Hello?"

"Hello is this Mrs. Cabello-Jauregui?" I woman with a sweet voice and subtle German accent spoke on the other line.

"This is she...well one of us. I'm Camila. Can I help you?"

"Ah yes, Camila. This is Mrs. Dixon, head of reception at Carrollton High School. I was just calling to inform you that Samantha didn't come to two of her classes this afternoon...and we are assuming she has skipped the rest of her school day.

"Skipped? As in she's not at school anymore?" I am going to fucking kill that girl.

"Yes ma'am. Unfortunately seeing as this is the second time it has happened she will be receiving a week's detention."

"Oh she'll be receiving a lot more than that," I muttered under my breath. "Wait! Second time?!"

"Sadly yes."

"Well," I tried to compose myself as I felt the anger coursing through my veins. "I will make sure to have a discussion with her when I get home. I assure you this won't happen again."

"Thank you Mrs. Cabello-Jauregui, have a wonderful rest of your day." The receptionist responded before hanging up.

I bit back a scream of anger rising in my throat before stomping back into the studio, opening the door to hear Lauren in the middle of a take.

"Rick can you stop the track for a moment, I need to talk to my wife." I tried to speak calmly but I knew my anger was showing as I heard a round of Ooo's from the three girls behind me. I turned quickly to shoot them a glare before turning back to face my wife who now wore a confused expression on her face.