Assassins and Assassinations

I reach the village. Even though I fit in everyone notices me.

The thieves stop to stare, the children look on as they train, and the guards become armed.

I jump off the horse and I lay my bow and arrows down being they are more applicable than the other weapons of sorts. I drop my satchel on the ground.

I get to the gates and the guards let me in.

Although they do stand awfully close, they lead me to a room. Similar more far more fashionable, their throne room sparkles of gold.

I see the queen still as beautiful as ever without a wrinkle on her face, the king strong and mighty but a bit exhausted, Adonis extremely handsome, and a young girl a few years younger than me that I have never seen before.

I stand in the center and get on one knee. I gently pull back my hood, and I lift my face.

"I do not wish to kill as slander has incorporated. I wish to be of acquaintance so a deal can be made." I tell them.

The queen looks at me wordlessly, and the kings brow furrowed.

Adonis smiles widely, and the girl sits prim and proper with a blank face.

Without a word guards rush me to a room and take my weapons. A few maids come in, they are frail little things.

I wonder how they could ever trust me as so?

The maids bathe me even though I am perfectly able to do myself.

They squeeze me into tight underdresses, and then a corset which I can barely breathe in mainly because my breast block my chest from moving with the corset.

They put a dress that compliments my figure and tone of skins on me.

Its emerald green silk, with bits of black beading and silver entwined in the bodice.

Its sleeveless but yet they put pointless sleeves that go on my arms, starting from my upper arm but don't connect to the dress.

 Than they put my hair down and oddly enough they take the headpiece, I had forgotten I'd put in my satchel  on my hair and it matched my dress.

"You look very beautiful" says a maid silently

"Thank You, ever so graciously" I thank her

"Graciousness isn't for me, but for the king and queen." The maid replies.

"Forgive me, but I presume you know your manners from and towards Royalty?" asks another maid

I nod.
When the girls finish up, they curtsy and leave.

A knock erupts on the door ,shocking me.
I open it and see a guard holding his arm out kindly.

I nod, and link my arm as he leads me to the dining room.

The royal family stands up, and I bow.

When we are seated the queen looks at me.

"It is indifferent to see a Princess bow instead of curtsy." She says pleasantly

I smile.

"It is far to feminine for me I apologize if it inconvenienced you. "

A line of maids and butlers and chefs lay down platters.

"Your Highness we have served for you and your guest cinnamon, juniper berries, and sugar in your beef. The pheasant on your plate swims in a sauce of seventeen spices. You drink spiced wine and mulled ale. "

It looks too beautiful to eat.

The family nods.

As the people take plates and put food on them the king pipes up.

"We must discuss these matters." He says

"I  was to come here to assassinate you and your family. Although within these days of traveling I have learned that of what I have not known. I wish to apologize and I hope you can forgive. If you cannot I am willing to prove, and if you can we can continue with a deal." I say nervously

"Dear girl," The queen sighs

"We will forgive, but we cannot forget. Now lets discuss" The king says

"You need to hide the ring" I tell him "Than we will kill the king, before he can kill others. He wanted me to kill Adonis, it was rumored he would be next king and get the ring and my father had of no worries of you"

"So we hide the ring, kill the king and then what?" He asks

"The aftermath matters are honorably in your hands" I admit

"Garth we could have peace. We wouldn't be known as the village of slaughter." The queen urges

"Okay," He agrees "On conditions, when we are to kill Marin, you will marry Adonis, and combine are kingdoms or give your kingdom up to Jason, but you have to be alliance with Jason first." He says

I look at Adonis.

Adonis's face is as shocked as mine.

"And if I refuse?"

"You will not have our alliance, or our help" He says

"Forgive me but the account of your son?" I ask

"He will be of no problem as you will be given time with him as our warriors assassinate your king in four days."

"Four days?"

"It takes a week to get here and back and if you were to kill me than you would be very fast with your departure." He explains

I nod as I pick up my fork and chew at the pheasant.

I swallow, not only my food but my pride.

I sigh "I accept"