Kindness of Others

Who was she to say she knows me? Does she want me to sit in prison because I didn't get the ring?

I have to. It is the only way to get out.

I will give the ring to the king, he might become a better person. I scoff at the thought.

The poor horse. Why did Remora do that? To teach me a lesson? It just made me angry.

Nothing should die because of someone else's battles.

I stomp through the woods.

Days go bye as I walk through wary woods with only three hours of sleep to work on. I know I am close when I hit a small village.

I sigh as I realize what village I have come across.

Vikings.

I see men spread far apart guarding the village.

I decide to dig a small hole to put my stuff in. When I throw everything but my weapons in I cover it with leave being sure dirt doesn't invade inside anything.

Rearranging bow and arrows strapped across my back, I take a deep breath.

I have to scare them first or at least make a diversion to get inside.

Its a suicide mission, but I am not going to walk around, and I deserve a new horse.

I run to a point where they cant see me.

I hold out my bow and steady my breathing as I hit a wall on the other side of the camp.

I almost shriek with victory and laughter.

I slide down the hill quickly, while the Vikings get ready.

I run as fast as I can and I jump under the cloth and wire they have bordering their camp.

Right as I slide under wire I look up to see Remora standing right in front of me. A smug smile plastering her face.
"Well looks like Princess decided to get angry about her little horsey." A man by her side smirks
Its the same guy that smelled my neck.

"You are just lucky I still have my hood, I would be very angry to have that go missing" I say

He smiles stupidly.

"Now why are you here?" Says a boy with irritancy in his voice

I stay silent.

"Pick her up" Growls Remora

The boy is stronger than he appears and he goes to grab my arm.

I kick him.

He staggers.

He gets back to his feet and kicks my knees and grabs my wrists pulling me forward.

We get to a big tent made up of skins.

Remora sits pleasantly, on a simple plain chair.

The boy drops me on my knees.

"Thank you Marco." The girl smiles

"Yes, thank you Marco" I smirk sarcastically

"Any explanation as to why you are here?" Asks Remora

"You answer my questions I will answer yours" I say

"That's not how it works. You are on my territory now Princess." She says with a laugh

"This is your territory until you move once again. I know of your lifestyle." I say

"You know of the slander" The man beside her says

"Who are you?" I ask with a smile
"He is Asmund, my main guard" She tells me "anyways, Lifestyle?"