Chapter 8

AN: I know you can't see his face but that's how I do it

^^ Ethan Rivers

Chapter 8

Violet's POV:

I had on ripped boyfriend jeans and a loose fitting white shirt along with a pair of strappy sandals. It was a nice sunny day which lightened my sour mood.

On the way to school I had the sun roof open listening to music loud so that already put a small smile on my face.

I grabbed my laptop from my locker along with my books for Kostka's class and made my way down the hallway. As I walked Luke came beside me and I sighed.

Before he even opened his mouth I had cut him off.

"Listen, Lucas I just want to get this project done, okay? Then we can go back to not speaking to each other and not making eye contact." I said not meeting his gaze. He sighed and slowed down so that I walked ahead of him and into class.

I sat my stuff at the back waiting for Briana and Luke to come in.

"Wheels up, Donaldson." Kostka said as she got off her board and flipped it upside down.

"Yes sir." She said walking to the back seat. After class the board will be down again going through the halls.

"How was your weekend?" She asked.

"I got some new ink." I said patting my gauzed arm.

"How are you going to play?" She asked.

"I can still play, I just have to be careful. My artist doesn't really cause scaring or scabbing." I said rubbing the white gauze.

"What did you get?" She asked. Luke sat silent and just watched.

"I got a rose for my mom with her name under it." I said.

"How is she?" She asked concerned and I shrugged.

"It's a daily struggle. She sleeps most of the day." I said opening up my computer.

"It is going to be the only coloured tattoo I have so we will see how it looks when it is healed."

"Are you doing a whole sleeve?" She asked.

"Yea but I want it to be all black and shaded...or I might put some other colour. I don't know yet." I shrugged.

"So this is what I have so far, I only have a few more slides to do. How is the handout looking?" I asked. I was one of those group members that preferred to do everything in the group.

"I have it here." Briana said sliding over the paper her and Luke did.

"Wow it looks good. So now we just have to get this photocopied." I said.

"So, we are done?" Briana asked.

"Yea."

"Alright well I'm going to head to the 'bathroom'." She said picking up her board. She left the classroom and Luke and I sat there in uncomfortable silence. He pulled out his phone and began swiping through it.

I began going through Facebook not really looking at anything. I found my eyes continuing to glance at Luke's. He had really nice eyes they were like little ocean's. And his unkempt scruff was enticing.

He met my eyes and I realized I had been staring for a long time.

"Why are you staring at me?" He asked bluntly and I thought of something quickly.

"You, uh have an eyelash on your face?" I said and he frowned.

"Really?" He asked looking at the reflection on his phone. I dug into my bag pulling out a small compact mirror that was once powder but I used it all.

"Here." I said.

"Are you trying to embarrass me in front of all the girls?" He smirked and I laughed lightly.

"I would say I'm helping you out, Rivers. You don't want to walk up to a girl with an eyelash under your eye."

"Because that is like so detrimental." He said in a snobby voice. I giggled as he removed the hair from under his eye.

"Is Violet McKinnon actually giggling?" He asked not meeting my gaze. He handed me it back and I slipped the small square into my bag.

"I'm in a good mood this morning. It's sunny and on the way to school I had my sun roof open listening to good music." I shrugged.

"Oh? What were you listening to?"

"In my run down civic I was listening to some Weezer and the occasional ACDC."

"Your run down civic?" He asked.

"Yes compared to mommy's Audi." I teased.

"Alright that is not mommy's Audi, that is Lukey's Audi." He said and then froze once he said his nickname.

"Lukey?" I asked.

"My mom and Briana had called me that for the longest time." He said not meeting my gaze.

"I see anyways we all don't have Audi's."

"Anyways, nice music taste." He said.

"Thanks." I smiled.