Chapter four - Curiosity

His pov.

Today I walked past the kitchen and I swear I heard Lilia's voice. I almost cried hearing it, as i hear the voice laugh, I burst into the kitchen to catch this voice. As I rush in as I begin to feel embarassed because the only people in here is a few girls cooking lunch I presume. A girl whos face I cannot see turns and walks into the back room, I assume she's getting more supplies. I look towards the other girl, she has wide chocolate brown eyes, long straight brown hair pulled back into a ponytail, a half smile on her face, and sweat on her forehead. I think to myself that the girl walking into the back must be the one who talks around here, everyone else seems virtually silent. Lilia used to talk to anyone, embarassment wasn't something she thought about. She used to talk to the ones who needed friends, or join in on a group of populars. I miss her so. Anyway, I look around the room one last time and the girl, who had the half smile, stares at me.

"Can I get you anything?" I don't talk but she seems to be wanting an answer before going back to her work. I shake my head no and start to turn away but, she then with her smile fading asks "Why are you here then?"

Another girl, who is taller and stronger that is obviously in charge, quickly gives her a look and says "Let him be #2 he can do what he wants. Does he look like he has the tat?"

The curious brown eyed girl quickly gets back to work and immeadiately looks away and pronounces "I'm so sorry for my curiousity please excuse my distastefulness." I look away; it's hard to see a girl act this way, expecially for how close her age is to mine. The stronger girl grabs my shoulder and pulls at my shirt, she seems to be looking for something.

"Or do you have a tat?" I loosen up and just let her search me, like I care. Once she sees I don't have what she thinks I have she quickly backs away and mutters many sorrys. As I turn away my eyes tear up, and I walk back to my room sobbing.

***

Her pov.

"Number 2! You know who's the only one who works more than us?"

#2 looks at me and already half smiling she says "Who?"

I try to say it with a serious face but as always I crack up before I tell the punchline and I say "God!" At this point I'm unable to talk anymore I don't know why I laugh so hard so quickly! It's sad sometimes. I walk to the back room as someone walks in, I don't turn around because I remember the last time I was punished for being curious. My face hurt for weeks. As I grab a dozen more frozen pieces of meat I hear #6 start yelling, she's our commander. Her words are muffled but must be very loud. I decide that I can try to carry more now, anything to keep me away for a second longer. I walk back out as a boy about 10 feet away walks out of the kitchen, somehow he looks familiar. Dark redish brown hair, that walk... I swear I've seen it before! Well maybe in the halls. #2 has tears in her eyes, she always has been sensitive. #6 just looks embarassed I wonder what must have happen for her to be like that! I must have missed something big.

***